Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Joseph Kessler ('progeezer'): January 24, 1945- June 3, 2021

Stephen Joseph Kessler ('progeezer'): January 24, 1945- June 3, 2021

My friends, I apologize for being the damper on multiple weekends, but my father, a man many of us have come to love, passed away in his sleep today. (I got the call from my older brother at work). Apparently, he was not in any pain (due to pain meds). I thank all of you for your thoughtful comments in this incredibly hard time. A memorial service is scheduled (tentatively) on Friday, July 9. I'll make every effort to keep you posted.

***MODS***: Please feel free to merge the other thread with this one, or delete it if need be.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I'll shed tears for Steve but have so many fond memories.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Rest in peace, you beautiful soul. Your spirit remains with us always.

Pete, I'm so sorry to hear this. Thank you for keeping us all in the loop during this time. You have nothing to apologize for.

There are no useful words I can find at times like this. Steve was loved by many folks, and we're going to miss him.

Please take care of yourself.

I've been repeatedly refreshing the posts here dreading this announcement. I must have met him at one or more festivals (BajaProg, NEARFest) but he was a partner in crime here on PE with the "Whatever Happened To, Part 42" thread. He once called me "clever" which I really appreciated. His charm and wit and good-guy-overall type person will be sorely missed. My love and prayers go out to his family.

RIP Progeezer
    Last edited by progcd54; 06-03-2021 at 08:18 PM.
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

Pete, your dad an I did not get along, but I've actually been following both threads (much to the surprise of a few here, I suppose).

I'd like to let you know how sorry I am for you and your family's loss. I'm glad he went peacefully.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progcd54 View Post
    I've been repeatedly refreshing the posts here dreading this announcement. I must have met him at one or more festivals (BajaProg, NEARFest) but he was a partner in crime here on PE with the "What happened to...Part..." thread. He once called me "clever" which I really appreciated. His charm and wit and good-guy-overall type person will be sorely missed. My love and prayers go out to his family.

RIP Progeezer
    He called me "one of his favourite people on PE" on the Whatever Happened thread when I was in argument with another member on that thread. I appreciate Lopez who gave me Steve's number at the assisted living faciltity and I spoke with Steve, he was so warm and friendly, despite not liking where he was.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 06-03-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

So, so sorry. 😢
    Rest In Peace, Steve. So thankful I got to meet you at ProgDay. Thanks for always being kind, and so supportive of so much music, including my humble offerings. The world is a bit dimmer today.

The prog community, and the spirit of PE, both die a little today inside. It is heartfelt to see that one person had a positive effect on so many. We need more of this in our lives and society, especially these days. RIP
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Rest in peace, Steve. A dear and kind soul, for sure. Condolences, strength, love and light to his family and friends in this sad time.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Rest in Peace, Steve. Rest in Peace, Geez.

My condolences, Pete, to you and all Steve's family and friends.

I didnt know Steve, but judging from this incredible and amazing outpouring of emotions, the joy of knowing him, the sadness of missing him....I really wish I did know him.

My humblest condolences to all.

RIP sir!!!

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

RIP Steve
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    neuroticdog said exactly what I would have written, except I probably wouldn't have worded things as well. RIP, and my condolences as well.

May the earthly body Rest In Peace , and the soul continue its journey through time. God Bless.

RIP, great guy, sad news....

To the stars my old friend.

Banned
    RIP my friend whose body was old, and yet having a musical mind so incredibly young. My only hope is to meet you again in the other world

Truly sad news. My condolences to his family and loved ones.

I'm so sorry. He will be mentioned here often in the weeks, months, and years to come, you can be sure.

R.I.P.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

So sorry to hear about the passing of Steve/Progeezer. I certainly enjoyed his company on PE. Rest in peace.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Man this one leaves a hole, you'll be missed Geezer, thinking of your family, RIP Steve.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

A man who was able to inspire so many people, many of whom (like me) he never even met. Always overflowing with warmth, generosity of spirit, and a sense of humor.
    RIP

to the 'geezer!

Geezer! Aw man...what a bummer Rest in peace my friend...it was a pleasure sharing many tales with you over the years
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak