Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Joseph Kessler ('progeezer'): January 24, 1945- June 3, 2021

Sad news. He seemed like a very interesting and fun guy to interact with. I would definitely like to have met him. RIP.

R.I.P.

I didn’t know Steve but I always read his posts here because they were insightful, funny or just a good memory from the past. My condolences to his family and friends. Rest In Peace, Progeezer

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    He was truly part of the soul of this place.
    100%

It won't be the same without him. Sadly I never met him but I'm thankful to have at least known him through PE, and to have the good memories.

RIP Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our deepest condolences to the family.
    Definitely a great loss to our community.

Rock on Steve.....to infinity and beyond!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer's ghost View Post
    My friends, I apologize for being the damper on multiple weekends, but my father, a man many of us have come to love, passed away in his sleep today. (I got the call from my older brother at work). Apparently, he was not in any pain (due to pain meds). I thank all of you for your thoughtful comments in this incredibly hard time. A memorial service is scheduled (tentatively) on Friday, July 9. I'll make every effort to keep you posted.

***MODS***: Please feel free to merge the other thread with this one, or delete it if need be.
    FYI, I repeated this post in the Facebook group for Progday. Steve had enjoyed my canopy and company for several of the last years of the festival. One year I drove him to the festival. A fond memory I have is playing Neil Young’s album Comes a Time and specifically 4 Strong Winds. I didn’t know the song’s title and Steve confirmed how significant that was for him. The album has just been released on CD and Young’s mastering work is phenomenal. It was clear to me how broad his knowledge and appreciation for music was beyond just prog.

p

I was okay until I played the Neil Young video. Now I'm crying.

Geezer, wherever you are, I hope there's weed and absinthe and good whisky, and of course excellent music of all sorts. You've been missed here for months, and now you've left a hole in PE that won't heal easily. We never met (largely because I'm in California), but I enjoyed your posts every time. You were a legend. Soon you'll be a myth, and myths never really die.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Steve had a lot of personality, in all the right kind of ways.

Peace to him and peace to his family.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Rest in Peace good Sir!.
    My condolences to his family and friends!
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

RIP
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Rest in peace, Geez and my deepest sympathies to his family. The below tune is for Steve

I never met Steve but we exchanged some long-running PMs over the years. I figured that when the pandemic was over I'd take the long haul to Madison to pay a visit, talk about life-love-music-cobalt cigarettes, and maybe get to that frozen custard stand. I guess the lesson here is live life now and visit your friends. Things rarely work out the way you want them to.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    This is an amazing photo.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer's ghost View Post
    My friends, I apologize for being the damper on multiple weekends, but my father, a man many of us have come to love, passed away in his sleep today. (I got the call from my older brother at work). Apparently, he was not in any pain (due to pain meds). I thank all of you for your thoughtful comments in this incredibly hard time. A memorial service is scheduled (tentatively) on Friday, July 9. I'll make every effort to keep you posted.

***MODS***: Please feel free to merge the other thread with this one, or delete it if need be.
    I am so sad to hear this, Pete. Thank you for posting this.

Your father really was such an important part of this site. He was representative of the passion for progressive music.

He so gracefully allowed us to josh with him and mine his wonderful experiences. Perhaps one of the best things was that he showed us older fans how to grow old gracefully.

RIP

Didn't know Steve -- never met him. But it's a sad day when we lose one of our own, especially before his time. RIP and condolences to the family. I'll raise a glass tonight.

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I was okay until I played the Neil Young video. Now I'm crying.
    5 of the people on that stage that night are with Steve.

Farewell my friend. Have a great journey and rest in peace.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I heard the new on facebook this morning, really heart breaking.

My condolences to Peter and the rest of Steve's family.
    He will be truly missed by a lot of people.

Rest In Peace Stephen Kessler.

My friend Steve Kessler
    My big bro as I called him (he was 13 years my senior.)
    Progeezer - We lost a good one.
    I'll play Spirt Slips Away today, first time since I played it since my dear Dad passed away.
    See you in another life.

Always loved his posts and shared his enjoyment of a certain plant. He will be missed. Prog on Geezer!

RIP.

Rest in peace Steve. Condolences to family and loved ones.

My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed by many.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

So many good times. RIP Steve. I'll miss you brother.

Rest in peace Steve, and my condolences to all friends and family, he was truly one of the good guys, erudite, compassionate, knowledgeable and with a huge fund of stories. We will all miss him.