Thread: Dave Bainbridge

Dave Bainbridge

I believe the upcoming new release is a good excuse to start a thread on amazingly talented Dave Bainbridge, a swiss-army knife of everything prog.

So this new release I'm pretty much hyped about is To The Far Away album, which comes in different varieties ranging from a download version to a mighty Deluxe boxset:

------------
    To The Far Away; Deluxe Box Set Containing:

5 x postcards 1 x signed and numbered certificate 1 x exclusive hardback photo book Limited Edition 2CD

CD Tracklist:

Sea Gazer
    Girl and the Magical Sky
    Rain and Sun
    Clear Skies
    Ghost Light
    Cathedral Thinkers
    To Gain the Ocean
    As Night Falls
    Infinitude (Region of the Stars)
    To The Far Away
    Speed Your Journey
    Fells Point
    Something Astonishing

Bonus disk includes demo versions, alternate mixes etc
    ----------

I guess no epics or multi-part compositions which doesn't mean the music won't be of epic caliber. To be honest with you, latest Lifesigns album was an auto-buy for me based mostly on Dave's participation. So this new solo album is on auto-buy as well.
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

I was not aware of this. I quickly became a fan of Dave's after hearing his work on the latest Lifesigns and Downes Braide Association's albums. His solo on Lifesigns' "Last One Home" is just sublime.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

To me, he's the classic prog keyboardist and was a great fit with the Strawbs. His work with Sally Minnear is excellent too.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I have his solo albums "Veil Of Gossamer" and "Celestial Fire". Both are excellent releases that always blow me away upon listening to them (hard to grow tried of his dynamic style). Also quite fond of his work with Iona.

Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    I have his solo albums "Veil Of Gossamer" and "Celestial Fire". Both are excellent releases that always blow me away upon listening to them (hard to grow tried of his dynamic style). Also quite fond of his work with Iona.
    On Veils of Gossamer there is a track "The Everlasting Hills, Part 1" which is built around Dave's guitar solo... Hot damn, I bet I played that one over and over, completely taken away. Sheer genius!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I've seen Dave with Iona and Strawbs. What a talent.