Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Joseph Kessler ('progeezer'): January 24, 1945- June 3, 2021

RIP, Steve
    Tu veux un camembert?

Thanks for the memories Steve, luv reading your posts. I believe he was from Queens NY? My old stompin ground, funny stories about Leslie West, RIP Big Guy.....
    Thinking is the best way to Travel....

I posted this information on Facebook, but since I am not 'friends' with most/almost all of you, I thought I should post it here, as. My dad's visitation will be on Thursday, July 8 from 10:30-11:30am with a memorial service followed by a luncheon thereafter. Donations to St. Jude's Children's Hospital in my dad's name are suggested/requested. Take care and stay well, my friends.
    Last edited by progeezer's ghost; 06-09-2021 at 12:10 AM.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer's ghost View Post
    I posted this information on Facebook, but since I am not 'friends' with most/almost all of you, I thought I should post it here, as. My dad's visitation will be on Friday, July 9 from 10:30-11:30am with a memorial service followed by a luncheon thereafter. Donations to St. Jude's Children's Hospital in my dad's name are suggested/requested. Take care and stay well, my friends.
    I shared your initial post and this on the Progday page and many people saw it. Steve was quite loved in the Progday group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Prog...6802881032271/
    Last edited by Firth; 06-08-2021 at 05:54 AM.

I never met Steve but he was always SUPER nice to me here. He will be missed.
    The Prog Corner

I know a lot of people met and enjoyed Steve's company at Progday and it will be really weird being there, without him to hang with. The 2019 Progday was the last time that I saw him. Thankfully, in addition to chilling out in the field, I also got to hang with him at dinner one night there, too. Here are a couple of Progday Geezer pics.

The first one is from 2014, and he is proudly holding a sketch that my girlfriend did of him. The next couple are from 2017, and the last one is from 2019.

DSC04302.jpgSAM_1643.jpgSAM_1649.jpgDSC08510.jpg

Neil

always appreciated that guy on the board. I'm a fellow Wisconsinite so I was always hoping to meet him at a show some day. maybe in the next lifetime...
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I know a lot of people met and enjoyed Steve's company at Progday and it will be really weird being there, without him to hang with. The 2019 Progday was the last time that I saw him. Thankfully, in addition to chilling out in the field, I also got to hang with him at dinner one night there, too. Here are a couple of Progday Geezer pics.

The first one is from 2014, and he is proudly holding a sketch that my girlfriend did of him. The next couple are from 2017, and the last one is from 2019.

Neil
    These are sweet shots of him. I've never met him but he was always a pure spiritual friend here on the board. And really loved music
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Very sorry for your loss.

Neil
    I should have gotten some pictures with him that year. I guess I thought I would see him last year, he always seemed to bounce back. I hope he enjoyed seeing my grandson on stage with Morglbl.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I initially posted that the memorial service would be held on Friday, July 9. In actuality, it will be taking place on Thursday, July 8. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks everyone.

RIP. Don't believe I ever met him, just online here. Seemed like a great guy with a colorful personality.

My wife and I had the good fortune to meet Steve (and Camelogue) at Terra Incognita a few years ago. Such a nice guy. Would've liked to have had more chances to hang out with him.
    <sig out of order>

I initially posted that the memorial service would be held on Friday, July 9. In actuality, it will be taking place on Thursday, July 8. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks everyone.
    Is there a link anywhere to where it will be held.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Neil
    Great pictures, Neil. Man oh man, I miss him.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Like a lot of members have said, I didn't know him other than enjoying his posts.

Last Friday, I was out on my deck, unwinding from the week of work. It was warm and humid, with a cloud cover. My MP3 player kicked in 'East St. Louis Toodle-oo' by Steely Dan and so I thought it fitting to gaze skyward and wish him a pleasant journey.
    About 3/4 of the way through the song, the sun comes out after days of cloudiness.
    That from that what you will
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

I've been in self imposed exile from you all for several years now, for reasons that are not important, but seeing this sad news forced me to re-engage and share my deepest condolences to all of Steve's family and friends.
    I was lucky enough to enjoy his company on several occasions at Rosfest, Nearfest and FMPM, but also I was lucky enough to take him & Kaye to Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club when they visited London on their European tour.
    Fantastic memories and a man who will always be in my memories.
    RIP Steve

Neil
    Those are great pictures.

Donations to St. Jude's Children's Hospital in my dad's name are suggested/requested. Take care and stay well, my friends.
    I'll be making one shortly, great cause, thank you for letting us know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Is there a link anywhere to where it will be held.
    I'm about as technologically inept as a monk or an Amishman (just one of many things inherited from him), but I can tell you that it will be held at Gunderson Funeral Home West,
    7435 University Avenue
    Middleton, WI 53562
    (Madison's far west side)
    There will be a visitation from 10:30-11:00, then a brief memorial service followed by a luncheon afterwards. Thank you, my friends, on behalf of my family.

I’m very sorry for your loss. I’m glad to have met you both - even if only once. Your dad’s legacy here is solid.

I'm about as technologically inept as a monk or an Amishman (just one of many things inherited from him), but I can tell you that it will be held at Gunderson Funeral Home West,
    7435 University Avenue
    Middleton, WI 53562
    (Madison's far west side)
    There will be a visitation from 10:30-11:00, then a brief memorial service followed by a luncheon afterwards. Thank you, my friends, on behalf of my family.
    Thank you, Pete. I hope you and your family are all holding up okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    Thanks for the link. I think that's the first picture of Steve that I've seen where he didn't have a mustache.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Thank you, Pete. I hope you and your family are all holding up okay.

Thanks for the link. I think that's the first picture of Steve that I've seen where he didn't have a mustache.
    A progger or a dentist[emoji6]