Thread: PROGSTOCK 2021 Rahway, NJ's Union County PAC October 1-3 2021

PROGSTOCK 2021 Rahway, NJ's Union County PAC October 1-3 2021

192652193_2787347338183808_7333598429156397047_n.jpg
    PROGSTOCK 2021

Date: October 1-3, 2021

Where: Rahway, New Jersey

Venue: UCPAC Hamilton Stage

Capacity: approximately 200

Ticketing: Tickets go on sale on June 12 at 12:00 PM EDT. Other ticketing information coming soon

SCHEDULE/ARTISTS (so far):

Friday October 1

At The Hamilton Stage (doors @ 5:00pm)
    6:00pm – McNally Waters
    8:00pm – Echoes, the American Pink Floyd
    Late Night at The Waiting Room Restaurant
    11:30pm – Progressive Coffeehouse: Artists TBA

Saturday October 2

At The Hamilton Stage (doors @ 12:00pm)
    12:30pm – The Tea Club
    4:00pm – Brand X
    8:00pm – TBA
    11:30pm – Total Mass Retain YES Tribute

Sunday October 3

At The Hamilton Stage (doors @ 12:00pm)
    12:30pm – TBA
    4:00pm – Jane Getter Premonition
    8:00pm – Alan Hewitt & One Nation
    11:30pm – Dark Beauty and Potter’s Daughter

Keep up with the latest at www.progstock.com

Banned

Wonder who'll be on bass for Brand X, haven't heard an update since Jeff Berlin begged off.

Banned
    The festival has been designed as a hybrid event, including in-person attendance, access to artist meet-and-greets, and participation in after-parties…but also offering live streaming and the ability to view performances for a limited time after the festival concludes.

rooms for 4 people reserved
    cannot say that the line up is the most exciting, but that's only part of the reason for going

I'm glad it's still around and despite living in the same general NE area I've never been to it (partly because I went to RF instead). So far this doesn't make me want to change my mind but kudos to them for helping to keep the live prog flame alive (sorry for the possible redundancy there).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Banned
    I got answer about streaming, the actual approach hasn’t been designed or decided upon yet. Will know by summers end.

any news on price of (in person) tickets? i don't see anything on their website

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    cannot say that the line up is the most exciting, but that's only part of the reason for going
    well, the addition of steve unruh & phideaux xavier bumps this up a notch - for me, at least.
    Last edited by kenschwartz; 06-04-2021 at 08:41 AM.

cannot say that the line up is the most exciting
    Precisely, that is why I am inclined to do the streaming this year.

I enjoyed in person the 2018 & 2019 Festivals that had awesome lineups and were worth the travel but this year it is very diluted to say the least.
    Not saying it's the organizers fault since they are doing what they can after the difficult year we all had and I admire them for their efforts.

But travel is not in the picture for me in 2021, hopefully it will be much better in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Precisely, that is why I am inclined to do the streaming this year.

I enjoyed in person the 2018 & 2019 Festivals that had awesome lineups and were worth the travel but this year it is very diluted to say the least.
    Not saying it's the organizers fault since they are doing what they can after the difficult year we all had and I admire them for their efforts.

But travel is not in the picture for me in 2021, hopefully it will be much better in 2022.
    if i was coming your distance, it would need to be a more interesting collection of bands, for sure.

but, it is a shorter drive (< 3 hours), and i'll be sharing the car with friends i have not seen in over a year. that adds a lot of value for me.

The Saturday night band was announced: Randy McStine & Marco Minnemann & Nick D'Virgilio

https://www.facebook.com/10000044605...1288994895925/

...cannot say that the line up is the most exciting...
    adding unruh/phideaux and now M & M & NDV - the lineup is looking MUCH stronger. really looking forward to this now.

Rachel Flowers, Martin Schnella & Melanie Mau, and Uruguayan jazz guitarist Beledo were also announced for the Progressive Coffeehouse (that's now Saturday late night, Total Mass retain is Friday night).
    Last edited by Wah3; 06-12-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    The Saturday night band was announced: Randy McStine & Marco Minnemann & Nick D'Virgilio

https://www.facebook.com/10000044605...1288994895925/
    Are they a "band" or just a few guys getting together? What do you think they will they include in their setlist - do they have original stuff? Aren't Marco and Nick both drummers?

Quote Originally Posted by Twelfth Earl of Mar View Post
    Are they a "band" or just a few guys getting together? What do you think they will they include in their setlist - do they have original stuff? Aren't Marco and Nick both drummers?
    they have 2 albums and an EP out - haven't heard the EP yet, but imo, the albums are excellent.

and yes, they are both drummer, but they also both can play a multitude of instruments

Quote Originally Posted by Twelfth Earl of Mar View Post
    I think if you click on the Facebook link I included, you will see a video of them performing together, which is what I would expect their performance to sound like?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I think if you click on the Facebook link I included, you will see a video of them performing together, which is what I would expect their performance to sound like?
    Yes, NDV on bass and Marco on drums.

Banned

I assume that all 3 will play ALL instruments during this show. Randy is an excellent drummer as well. All three play guitars, bass and keyboards. I'm not sure what the setlist will include, but you can be sure that it will be excellent with these three!

asking this on behalf of a friend...

does anyone know if they are planning on selling single day tickets (assuming there are seats available)?

thanks in advance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by harbinger58 View Post
    I assume that all 3 will play ALL instruments during this show. Randy is an excellent drummer as well. All three play guitars, bass and keyboards. I'm not sure what the setlist will include, but you can be sure that it will be excellent with these three!
    Musicians playing musical chairs. Cool!

McStine & Minnemann announce live show with Nick D’Virgilio

McStine & Minnemann - the duo comprised of multi-instrumentalists Randy McStine (Lo-Fi Resistance) and Marco Minnemann (The Aristocrats) - will join forces with Nick D’Virgilio (Big Big Train) as a trio to play a live show together as McStine & Minnemann & D’Virgilio at ProgStock, on Saturday, October 2nd, 2021, in Rahway, NJ. A short music video of the trio announcing the performance can be seen below.

“Good and rewarding news! It feels great not only seeing our new McStine & Minnemann material coming to life and receiving such a warm welcome in the music world, but furthermore, now being joined by our dear friend and fellow multi-instrumentalist/composer, Nick D’Virgilio,” says Minnemann.

D’Virgilio adds, “I am super excited about sharing the stage with two men I consider to be musical superpowers. Not only will this be fun, but super challenging as well, and I love when those two things come together. For those that get the chance to witness this special event, it will be something really special. I can’t wait!!!”

While it currently remains a bit of a mystery as to what material the trio will play, fans of both McStine & Minnemann and Nick D’Virgilio will note that they each released albums in 2020 - McStine & Minnemann, McStine & Minnemann - II, and Nick D’Virgilio - Invisible - which highlight their distinct expressions as vocalists, songwriters and multi-instrumentalists. Minnemann says, “Yes, we will be swapping around instruments and a double drum thing might happen, too. What a cool band! Let’s see what we will come up with...”.

The upcoming performance will be their first time together as a unit, but the connection between Marco Minnemann, Nick D’Virgilio, and Randy McStine has deep roots within a diverse family tree of musicians. Sprawled over decades, they have crossed paths with a multitude of artists in different genres, many of which eventually brought them in direct collaborations with each other.

“A condensed history is something like this...”, McStine begins to explain. “My musical and personal bond with Nick (D’Virgilio) started with my first album under the name Lo-Fi Resistance in 2009. Lo-Fi Resistance caught the attention of Dave Kerzner (Sound Of Contact), which led to Dave and I working together on a record and a bunch of things through the years. One of those projects, In Continuum, featured Marco (Minnemann), Nick, and myself extensively on the recordings. I didn’t know Marco personally at that point, but the opportunity for In Continuum to play a live gig put the two of us in a rehearsal room and on a stage together for the first time in October 2018. That gig was at ProgStock, which is the very festival where our duo, McStine & Minnemann, will expand and debut as a trio with Nick!”

ProgStock, the American Northeast’s Only International Progressive Rock Festival, returns to the stage for its fifth straight year, October 1st through October 3rd, 2021 at Hamilton Stage at UCPAC in Rahway, NJ.

"After nearly a year and a half of sorely missing the enjoyment of live music among friends from all over the world, both on-stage and in the audience, we are thrilled to bring the ProgStock Family back together again this fall," says ProgStock's founder, Thomas Palmieri. The festival’s co-producer, Ann Rinaldi, adds, "One of my favorite parts of ProgStock is the collaborations among musicians, either planned or spontaneous. The upcoming performance by McStine & Minnemann & D'Virgilio is a perfect example of three gifted musicians coming together to give our audience a unique experience they, and we, will never forget!"