Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PROGSTOCK 2021 Rahway, NJ's Union County PAC October 1-3 2021

Banned
    This is great to be able to virtually attend. I’m assuming this fest will not be as tip driven as last year, however will the tip mechanism still be implemented? I loved the sound and video quality with my internet streaming. This one could even be better since it will be more dedicated and not have as many location specific differences.

Does StageIt offer delayed viewing at all now? I saw a few StageIt shows early on in the pandemic, but unlike most concert streaming platforms that have sprung up, they had no rewatch function. No chance right now that I could just sit for three days and watch ProgStock.

The festival will be available to stream for a few weeks after the festival. Please stay tuned for this at the details will be announced soon. Take care and see you there! The streaming will also include all of the late night shows as well!!

09.25.21: *IMPORTANT UPDATE*
    BRAND X founder/guitarist John Goodsall is in Hospital with a nasty case of Pneumonia. Thankfully he's double-vaccinated, but Doctors orders are he must refrain from travel and playing for at least the next two weeks. Of course BRAND X won't play any shows without Goods at the helm, so we have no choice but to Postpone & Reschedule the first 11 shows of our upcoming October tour. All advance tickets will still be good for the rescheduled shows. We're hopeful that we'll be back up and running by October 12th. For now we'll follow doctor's orders to make sure Goods comes back with a full recovery. Our sincere thanks for understanding.
    Message from Goods: "Tell 'em I'm sorry to let 'em down for now -- I was so fired-up with this new tour and material -- but I aim to come back stronger than ever -- soon as I can get my arse back up and going... And see if anyone out there can deliver me a cold IPA?"

PROGSTOCK FESTIVAL 2021: Progstock is still happening Oct 1-2-3 in Rahway NJ. We were originally scheduled for the Saturday. Here's the new SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2nd Line Up, without Brand X:
    12:30: The Tea Club
    4:00: Mile Marker Zero
    8:00: Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius
    w/Special Guest Opening Rachel Flowers
    11:30: Late Night with MJ12 featuring Percy Jones

More ProgStock Info: www.Progstock.com

It is with deepest concern for our dear friend John Goodsall of Brand X that we announce that he is not well enough to perform at ProgStock 2021. We received a call yesterday letting us know that Goods had been admitted to hospital with pneumonia and will be unable to travel or perform for some time. You can see announcements by Official Brand X for more information regarding other tour dates.

Of course, we have spent the past 24 hours figuring out what to do, and we have hatched something we think you will really like...

On Saturday, October 2 at 8:00 PM, we will now have a special set by Rachel Flowers, followed at 9:00 PM by Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius.

In our Late-night event on Saturday, we now have Percy Jones MJ12 coming to blow your minds!

Outside the theatre, our friends from Il Forno a Legna will be bringing their wood oven pizza truck for late night munchies (like the café, pizza is not included in the price of festival passes)!

On Sunday morning, October 3 at 10:00 AM, Rachel Flowers will host a breakfast listening party for her new album, "Bigger on the Inside," at Portuguese Cuisine Bar and Wine, 1519 Main Street in Rahway. We will reserve a table for our 5-year Patrons, but otherwise this is first-come-first-serve. The restaurant will offer a nice selection of breakfast foods and beverages for purchase, including mimosas from their new bar, while you enjoy listening to Rachel's new album. Of course, Rachel's album will be available for purchase at our merch table in the lobby, but it will also be available for purchase and autographing at this special breakfast event.

We have also added a performance by Rachel Flowers on Sunday, October 3 at 8:00 PM before Alan Hewitt & One Nation take the stage.

See you next week!

As the guy that recorded the Live Unruh Phideaux Val show that help get them this gig. I would just like to suggest that you get to their show on Sunday morning. Watch Steve play 5 different instruments many at the same time. Phideaux play bass Val play keys and I have inside information that a 4th person will be joining them.
    Mark Monforti
    Co-Owner of Progrock.com
    www.ProgRock.com

North America Distribution and Boutique Label
    https://essentials.ProgRock.com

Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/XjXVZ8WqNP

900 + Podcasts here
    www.musicinwidescreen.com
    Live Shows Sunday 6pm-9pm CST Sundays @ ProgRock.com

Banned
    Happening now. I’m viewing virtually. Hour delay, starts at 6 PM EDT.

I haven't seen any posts about the festival itself. My husband Roy and I decided about a week ago to attend. We came for Saturday and Sunday, with plans to leave at the end of the main performance. I wasn't wowed by the lineup, but I wanted to go to a prog festival and see people and do something a little like the old days.

Here's some impressions I posted on Facebook:
    ProgStock Saturday: I really liked The Tea Club. Arty, tuneful songs with good arrangements and singing. It's funny - I saw them at ProgDay some years ago and do not remember their set at all.

ProgStock Saturday: Joe Deninzon and Stratospheerius were entertaining. My favorite part of their set was a trio of covers, featuring different musicians. Deninzon and Rachel Flowers covered Dust in the Wind, as a tribute to Robby Steinhardt. They were joined by Alex Skolnick from Testament to play Chick Corea's Spain. Deninzon's regular band came back out for Frame by Frame, in honor of Discipline's recent 40th anniversary.

Also, Eddie Jobson made a surprise appearance today! I kept hoping he'd guest with one of the bands, but he just spoke a little on the importance of keeping prog alive by supporting festivals like these. He also introduced Rachel Flowers for her solo set.

Percy Jones is playing a late night set, starting at 12:30, but I'm already back at the hotel.

ProgStock Sunday - I liked the bands in descending order today.

First up was Steve Unruh & Phideaux Xavier with Valerie Gracious. (There was also a 4th musician on vocals and violin.) Really nice laid-back performance with great vocal harmonies. Steve Unruh & Phideaux Xavier switched up instruments on each song, but I particularly liked the songs with bass playing. It gave the music a feeling of momentum, but it was all pretty.

Jane Getter Premonition was a guitar-based band. I've been familiar with Alex Skolnick of Testament since I was a teenager. It was a treat to see him play up close.

We only decided to go to ProgStock last week, but somehow tickets in the front row, center section were available. It was good and bad - an unobstructed and close-up view. However, the sound was dominated by the monitor mix, and sometimes it detracted from the experience. There were lots of empty seats and lots of room to move around.

After the first song in Alan Hewitt & One Nation's set, we moved further back to hear the vocals and keyboards better. Neither of us were feeling it. Roy mentioned that if we left then, we'd get home before midnight. So we saw the first half hour of their set, and now we are home.

Quote Originally Posted by rheayes View Post
    We only decided to go to ProgStock last week, but somehow tickets in the front row, center section were available.
    It was originally booked in the much smaller Hamilton Theater because of COVID concerns. The Hamilton theater was severely damaged in the flooding and ProgStock was moved to the much larger Main Stage.

From Progstock 2021, a cover of Chick Corea's Spain, played by Rachel Flowers, Alex Skolnick and Joe Deninzon