Thread: Question about No-Man's Wild Opera

Question about No-Man's Wild Opera

This is quite confusing to me. It could be an error on the part of the cd version I have but I'm not sure. So here's the deal. My copy of Wild Opera, which is a two disc, re-released version lists "radiant city" on disc one. However, in actuality, "radiant city" is the first track on the dry cleaning ray disc(disc 2) with "pretty genius" being the second track. I'm wondering if anyone has ever noticed this before? Is this error on all the reissued versions of WO? I can't imagine I have the only one that they messed up on.

In case anyone is wondering this is more like electronica or trip hop and not prog which is why I posted it on the OT page.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    This is quite confusing to me. It could be an error on the part of the cd version I have but I'm not sure. So here's the deal. My copy of Wild Opera, which is a two disc, re-released version lists "radiant city" on disc one. However, in actuality, "radiant city" is the first track on the dry cleaning ray disc(disc 2) with "pretty genius" being the second track. I'm wondering if anyone has ever noticed this before? Is this error on all the reissued versions of WO? I can't imagine I have the only one that they messed up on.
    I have the Wild Opera 2010 Snapper 2CD set and all tracks are correct for each disc - Disc 1 has tracks 1 and 2 as Radiant City and Pretty Genius and Disc 2 starts with Dry Cleaning Ray.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Maybe you got a factory defect of the disc? Or was the disk working normally before?

Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    Maybe you got a factory defect of the disc? Or was the disk working normally before?
    Well, the music itself is perfectly fine. It's just that the track listings don't reflect the correct discs. So the Wild Opera disc plays the tracks that are listed on Dry Cleaning Ray and vice versa. I suppose it's not a really big deal but I was just wondering if they were all like that or just mine. So far it seems like only mine has the wrong track listings. I guess the guy who was making the labels for the discs was drunk that day. Lol.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Mine's the same way. Downright strange.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer's ghost View Post
    Mine's the same way. Downright strange.
    Ok, I guess that settles it. Mine wasn't the only copy then. Lol. It was probably just a batch of them that had the labels printed on the wrong discs. I have a Caravan vinyl album(For girls who grow plump in the night) that has the same song listing for both sides (so two side ones although the actual music isn't duplicated).

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff O'Donoghue View Post
    I have the Wild Opera 2010 Snapper 2CD set and all tracks are correct for each disc - Disc 1 has tracks 1 and 2 as Radiant City and Pretty Genius and Disc 2 starts with Dry Cleaning Ray.
    Same here.
    This is the version I have: https://www.discogs.com/No-Man-Wild-...elease/2285476 (so this is the Digibook).

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Same here.
    This is the version I have: https://www.discogs.com/No-Man-Wild-...elease/2285476 (so this is the Digibook).
    That's the same version I have. However, on my version radiant city is the opening track on the dry cleaning ray disc and not the wild opera disc where it is supposed to be.