Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The hiking thread

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I can’t imagine in Az on a day with a high of 115 (low of 90), that would be worse than a day in Baltimore with a high of 95 and 98% humidity, with mid 70s at 6 AM.
    The 98% humidity holds the temperature down to 95. If the humidity were to evaporate, the temperature would BE 115 in B'more. It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Only if you actually did.
    I knew there was a catch somewhere.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Actually I was supposed to fly to the Southwest of the USA a little over a week from now. Bought my tickets already in january. Was planning a short multiple day hike in Zion. I scored a permit for Havasupai. Planned some long hikes in the grand canyon and Bryce.

None of that is going to happen. And those 400 dollar a person permits for havasupai are non refundable.....
    Damn, I miss going on a long good hike. This winter has been depressing.

I resceduled my Havasupai permits for November this year. I still have flight coupons for KLM and American Airlines so I still might do this trip this year. It will probably be my last big overseas trip. There are plenty of interesting places, mountains and hikes within Europe that I have never done and I really want to stop all non essential flying.