Thread: VIIth TEMPLE. Under The Burning Sun

Banned

VIIth TEMPLE. Under The Burning Sun

Here is a Canadian lp I warrant few know. (Actually short - EP?)

I've known about it for years, but only recently actually heard it - and what a surprize.

I've always had the impression (from some ancient cat. description) that this was psych. Not so.
    Very good prog, possibly along the lines of "Woods of Zandor"??? (And you're going to hear Rush.)

I wish I could recall where I read this, but I once saw it on some list as being a top Canadian "psych" rarity. Indeed one of the top 5. And that it was mere 15 lp run!
    Again - not so. My psych collector friend informed me that he has two heavy-hitter friends who have the lp. One recalls back in the day finding 5 copies at a local Sally Ann.

It was on the top of the rarity list next to Bent Wind and Bill Bissett Mandan Massacre-Awake in the Red Dessert (which is not THAT rare - maybe $250: same as VIIth Temple.)

Actually there are quite a few lps much rarer than VIIth Temple:
    Perth County Conspiracy - same
    Intersystems (free psychedelic poster included)
    Papa Bear's Medicine Show
    It's All Meat
    Plastic Cloud
    Christmas - same
    Reign Ghost (either Allied or Paragon)

Biggest surprize for me was that the band was from Grimsby, Ontario - a small town back then.
    Last edited by Shamus Nym; 05-24-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Yeah, quite a bit of English Canadian prog and psych that never got reissued legitimately. Not much else to say about it except that it's quite short; not even 20 minutes.