***MODS***(Duncan, Sean), please feel free to move/remove this thread.
I apologize that this news may put a damper on some folks summers, but I felt that I shouldn't delay informing you guys, his digital prog buddies, of his current status.
My dad has been diagnosed with late-stage liver cancer. His doctors have let him (and his immediate family) know that he will probably not see his next birthday. (It's his medical teams' belief that due to his pre-existing conditions he would not survive chemo/radiation, and the odds of it saving him are slim, anyway, to say the least.) I am one county away (about an hours drive) and am currently without a driver's license. Dale from Chicago (dalegtr) and I plan on going up sometime in June, as I just received my second Moderna shot on Wednesday.
Thanks immeasurably for sharing your love of prog(ressive) rock with him all these years.
I will attempt to update this thread when the time for grieving/mourning approaches.
His spirits are surprisingly decent all things considered. He told me recently: "I've lived a fuller life than many folks my age" (paraphrasing). Take care, friends.