Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update on Progeezer

Fare thee well my big bro...

Is there any chance that we might hear from him directly before things get too difficult? He should know how much he was valued by those who crossed his path.
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Thanks for sharing this news of the Geez, and doing so now. Best wishes for the time you have together. May it be filled with love and Prog, laughter and stories, and perhaps a cigar or two.

I'm saddened to hear that its at this point, but I hope that his remaining time is filled with love and joy. Steve is a lovely man, and we're honoured to know him. Much love to him and to you and your family.

Peter, many thanks for the update, and we're so sorry to hear the news.

Please keep us posted - and tell your Dad that Arhlene and I send our best wishes. (We met him and Kay in Madison several times when I was going up there on business.)

I'm leaving this thread on the main page - where it deserves to be.

His avatar was a pic I took of him singing Aqualung at a long-distant ROSfest:

Geez.jpg
    Regards,

Duncan

Thank you for sharing this, though it is heartbreaking. I pray that Steve will have comfort in hid remaining days, as well as you and all your family. He has always been a rare light
    in a world of increasing darkness.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

This just breaks my heart. First met him at the FMPM in Montreal, whatever year that was. I told him how much I appreciated his posts, that he was a man of infinite wisdom. Then there was the speedo incident! I always looked forward to seeing him at the Rosfests, and a couple times at Nearfest. He would always take some time to smoke a doobie with me in the parking lot, even though he was usually in a crowd. Everyone enjoyed his company. I hope that he may take some comfort knowing how many people love him. My best to you and your family, thanks for letting us know.

Ive never had the pleasure of meeting Steve the Geezer, but I recognize him as an icon of the progressive spirit. I toast Geez with a nice dark ale! Cheers to the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of this. Best wishes for Progeezer.

So sorry to read this too ... !
    My best wishes to you all !
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

So very very sorry to hear this. What a great guy. Prayers for all.

I am very sorry to hear the news. I will pray for him, you and all who know him.

Had to wait a few hours before posting.

Not that this news comes as a surprise (fucking crab ) when knowing his decline in health in the last couple of years (and probably started since Kay departed).
    The only advice I can give him is: not to let the docs practice their usual therapeutic obstnacy and ask for triple THC - maybe even lethal - doses (if possible)

Steve: I've met a few Nam vets throughout my life, but you're the only one I really really liked.
    And had a lovely and funny afternoon smoking a few doobie with you in A'dam, next to the Red Light District's canals.
    I wish I had a smartphone back then, to immortalize that moment and to be able to post it here now.

Just to let you know, the A'dam city is considering doing like the rest of the country: limiting the coffee shops to nationals only, to avoid the incoming worldwide drug tourism .... So it's not like you'd have missed much in the coming years - unless being my guest (or Renate's).... which I guess you will be in spirit every time I go inside one of them (not that this happens much anymore).

Cheers anyway.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Not that this news comes as a surprise (fucking crab ) when knowing his decline in health in the last couple of years (and probably started since Kay departed).
    The only advice I can give him is: not to let the docs practice their usual therapeutic obstnacy and ask for triple THC - maybe even lethal - doses (if possible)

Steve: I've met a few Nam vets throughout my life, but you're the only one I really really liked.
    And had a lovely and funny afternoon smoking a few doobie with you in A'dam, next to the Red Light District's canals.
    I wish I had a smartphone back then, to immortalize that moment and to be able to post it here now.

Just to let you know, the A'dam city is considering doing like the rest of the country: limiting the coffee shops to nationals only, to avoid the incoming worldwide drug tourism .... So it's not like you'd have missed much in the coming years - unless being my guest (or Renate's).... which I guess you will be in spirit every time I go inside one of them (not that this happens much anymore).

Cheers anyway.
    Yes, that was a memorable day. Still think of it with much pleasure. Hunting for candy for Kay.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Cheers anyway.
    Why would anybody in the US go to a coffee shop in the Netherlands when there is so much legal and organic here. The Netherlands has not legalized honest and tested herb because production is illegal. I have seen what Steve has, and its the best.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

By this point in the thread, it should be obvious what your father means to this little community, Peter. Thank you for keeping us updated. We're all pulling for him and your family.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I have not seen this kind of unanimous outpouring on this site since the sad last days of Spider. Bless you, Peter, and Steve, for ... well, for everything.
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

Little did I know but may have suspected that Progday 2019 may be the last time I would see my friend. I was honored to receive one of Steve's tee shirts that he brought to give to some of his close friends. A couple years before my wife and I drove Steve to some friend's house on our way home from Progday. This was quite an interesting couple and the husband had almost imaginable unique job you could think of. They had three little Dachshunds that were really cute. Then we went into another room where they had three more Dachshunds sitting on the couch in different positions. Little did I know when I went to pet them that they were freeze dried. Who else but Steve would have friends with freeze dried dogs that looked as real as could be. Then we had lunch which was the most normal thing so far, tuna fish sandwiches. Then we went to the garage not thinking we could end up freeze dried on the couch with the dogs. He had a 1950 something Buick in an air chamber to protect it from the elements, beautiful car. Wish we had a smart phone back then to take some pictures. This was one trip home I will never forget. I wish I could bring you one more bowl of crab dip at Progday. Take care my friend.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

This news sent me for a loop when I opened the thread yesterday. I've never met Steve in person, but I wish I had -- if only I'd known about PE sooner, maybe I could have met him at one of the 3RP Festivals.

There's not much of substance I can add here, but from my limited experience it seemed like no one here ever had a bad thing to say about Geez. His presence here was one of the first things I noticed when I joined PE back in 2013; the tone of his posts, and extent of his knowledge, it just stood out to me (I also loved his avatar too). He's a nice guy, and that is worth quite a lot. I've really missed seeing him here.

Peter, thank you for sharing this news with us. I'm really sorry to hear it. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let Steve know that we love him and are thinking of him. And tell him thanks for all the good conversations and the knowledge he shared.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    There's not much of substance I can add here, but from my limited experience it seemed like no one here ever had a bad thing to say about Geez.
    Peter, thank you for sharing this news with us. I'm really sorry to hear it. Please let Steve know that we are thinking of him. And tell him thanks for all the good conversations and the knowledge he shared.
    Your post was quite elegant and summed up my thoughts too. I too wished I spent some time in conversation with him. I may have! Eating lunch at a Rosfest....we didn't formally introduce ourselves but had a fun group chat. I really don't know what to say to Steve right now....I'm currently dealing with 4 other acquaintances battling Cancer and I'm finding words difficult......I am not a religious person.....so all I can do is send vibes of finding peace with it all.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Why would anybody in the US go to a coffee shop in the Netherlands when there is so much legal and organic here. The Netherlands has not legalized honest and tested herb because production is illegal. I have seen what Steve has, and it’s the best.

You're absolutely right,
    things have changed quite a bit in North Am, since Steve & Kay's last Europe trip. Back then he'd made the Dutch detour precisely for the coffee shop tour. I'm not even sure Kay was in the Netherlands at the time when he was.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Is that a real question? Because it's Holland and NOT the USA.
    Not sure what you are getting at. Just stating the facts. The US still has a problem, but its not legal and licensed weed, its illegal rat poisoned weed sometimes grown on federal lands .
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Let's keep the focus on Steve out of respect.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Really, really sad to hear this news. One of my favorite parts of travelling to the upper midwest to see a show (usually Crimson, CGT, The Musical Box, etc.) was getting to see Steve and chat with him for a few minutes. What an awesome, awesome dude.

Sad news. While not close by any means, Steve remembered my name after meeting me occasionally at festivals. That means a lot to me.
    I wish him peace.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read - Unknown