Thread: Be Bop Deluxe Live in The Air Age 16 CD Deluxe from Cherry Red Pre-Order

Be Bop Deluxe Live in The Air Age 16 CD Deluxe from Cherry Red Pre-Order

One of the best live albums of the 70's in my opinion- a college staple and a UK Top 10. Every show recorded on that tour. The band is on fire and the live versions have alot more punch than the studio originals. A practical 3 CD version also available.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/be-bop-d...77-live-album/

If youve never heard any of this, try...

Oh for the love of... (another item I won't be able to buy, I'm sure)

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Oh for the love of... (another item I won't be able to buy, I'm sure)
    My first thought... along with the Chicago at Carnegie Hall set...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

They were so much better live. I saw them open for Blue Oyster Cult back in the late 70s. I remember Bill N. was wearing shiny silver pants and playing mind blowing solos.

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    They were so much better live. I saw them open for Blue Oyster Cult back in the late 70s. I remember Bill N. was wearing shiny silver pants and playing mind blowing solos.
    They opened for BÖC on their Mirrors tour? Wow, that must have been a cool show!

The 3CD sounds great to me. I had the double vinyl as a kid and got the One Way CD at some point in the 90s. Air Age was the peak of this band IMHO and this will be a nice upgrade.

The 16 CD is very likely total overkill. I bet most concert nights are indistinguishable.

I'm not sure any band is worth this sort of over-indulgence.

Quote Originally Posted by Piskie View Post
    I'm not sure any band is worth this sort of over-indulgence.
    I remember thinking the same when I saw the expanded edition of Rory Gallagher Irish Tour - but if the artist is sufficiently creative, as Rory proved to be, the investment can be well worth it. Personally, the thought of a treasure trove of Bill Nelson solos has me reaching for the credit card like one of Pavlov’s dogs.

I'll likely go for one of the two options. Cost won't be the determination.