Thread: Linda Cushma's OXYGENE8 To Release New RHINO EP

Linda Cushma's OXYGENE8 To Release New RHINO EP

Prog Ensemble Linda Cushma's OXYGENE8 To Release New RHINO EP

The RHINO collaboration was conceived at the height of the pandemic, during the first quarantine, with all of life-human & beast-scrambling for safety and security. The project took on the soundtrack of the times.

“Tracks with such vulnerability and heart - you can hear it and even more poignantly for me because these are my friends playing so generously and graciously. I was so touched by that every time a track came in. I am awake thinking tonight of international friends, family and wishing you and all our world's most vulnerable and endangered beasties safety and calm. This music is our gift to you.” – Linda Cushma

Oxygene8 features bassist and vocalist Linda Cushma (USA), best known for her work with this experimental ensemble. The project also features guitarist Federico Miranda (Costa Rica), co-founder of the Costa Rican rock band Gandhi & Baula Music, promoting environmental conservation & awareness through music; Tim Alexander, drummer for band PRIMUS, plays tom-toms on the RHINO soundtrack; guitarist Pablo Tato (Spain/UK) is a studio musician that has worked with producers such as Paul Epworth (Adele, Paul McCartney, U2) and now resides in London. The RHINO EP mix & magic by Steve Parrish (USA) @ Desert Coast Studio.

To purchase: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/li...ushma-oxygene8

For more information:
    INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/lindacushma
    FACEBOOK Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/LindaCushmaO...01821658005127

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158 (USA), glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Thanks for the heads up gopr !!
    Excellent news !

We met in 2005 when they came to play here in Costa Rica (EZOO), then, at Baja Prog and once again, Linda and "the boys", as she liked to called them, came again and played with her "eZOO Project", I think it was 2007. (Good old memories!)

Linda is a great, much loved human being/person who left good friends around here, I can tell you for shure, we love her!
    At that time, eZOO was Linda along with 3 former CAST, the Mexican band: Flavio, Kiko and Carlos Humarán; it was a good concert/night !!

And Federico Miranda is an excellent guitar player and a great human being too who later joined !!

G R E A T !!

Pura Vida.
    Tomás.
    Last edited by TCC; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:38 PM.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

I've got 3 Oxygene8-CD's, Poetica (2003), Freak Of Chance (2007, an EP) and Loop 1 (2012, signed by Linda, who also included a special inlay with dry flowers and a personal note) plus Not Differen But Not The Same by C.C.A, which were Cushma, Guillermo Cides and Tim Alexander (with lovely cover-art, also signed by Linda plus Cides).

I remember I discovered this music when I was very active on CDBaby, doing searches like "Chapman Stick"; found a lot of fine albums this way.