Thread: 50th Anniversary of McCartney’s Ram

50th Anniversary of McCartney’s Ram

Noticed a FB post celebrating this yesterday. Looking for a release of a remix, I found this:

In 2021, Denny Seiwell teamed up with Fernando Perdomo to produce Ram On: The 50th Anniversary Tribute to Paul and Linda McCartney's Ram. The album has over 100 musicians from all over the world creating a new version of Ram and the single tracks "Another Day" and "Oh Woman, Oh Why". The contributors include Seiwell, Spinozza and Marvin Stamm from the original sessions, along with Davey Johnstone, Will Lee, Joey Santiago of the Pixies, Eric Dover formerly of Jellyfish, and Carnie Wilson. Cherry Red Records is due to release the album on 17 May 2021.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

G.jpg

This is a really great sounding tribute! Very fresh with a nice, open sound to the production. It's full of great sounds but not cluttered, if that makes sense. Sort of like Pet Sounds.

Fernando and Denny Seiwell are my guests this Saturday at 10PM Eastern. I will share it here once I get the skinny....

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    G.jpg

This is a really great sounding tribute! Very fresh with a nice, open sound to the production. It's full of great sounds but not cluttered, if that makes sense. Sort of like Pet Sounds.

Fernando and Denny Seiwell are my guests this Saturday at 10PM Eastern. I will share it here once I get the skinny....
    I’m there

Ram was the first record i ever bought (in 1971) and has had a special place in my heart ever since.
    Recently got a remastered copy on yellow vinyl and on the lookout for a marbled copy of Thrillington (an instrumental version of Ram)

I seriously need to look into that Fernando tribute project. Why that guy isn't a household name is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Ram was the first record i ever bought (in 1971) and has had a special place in my heart ever since.
    Recently got a remastered copy on yellow vinyl and on the lookout for a marbled copy of Thrillington (an instrumental version of Ram)

I seriously need to look into that Fernando tribute project. Why that guy isn't a household name is a mystery.
    Did you see Sean’s interview with Fernando and Denny (McCartney’s drummer on that recording).

Maybe it's just me, but, aside from "Too Many People" and "Uncle Albert," I've always considered this album pretty mediocre. Even after reading praise here, I revisited it after many years and was just as underwhelmed as ever.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post

Oh, but he is.

I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection