Thread: Karn Evil 9, 3rd Impression - An International Collaboration featuring Rachel Flowers

Karn Evil 9, 3rd Impression - An International Collaboration featuring Rachel Flowers

Karn Evil 9, 3rd Impression

The other three parts
    1st Impression, Part 1

1st Impression, Part 2

2nd Impression

It's technically just about perfect, though the rhythm section is a little -- what is the opposite of highly dynamic? Static? That's not the word I want. A little flat, perhaps.

But I don't really understand the point of these things. Why cover a song so perfectly that you bring nothing of your own to it? Only the singer brings any kind of variation to the original, and not much of that. He seems to be having a great time, though.
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

Len is a great singer. He was part of the Kansas related fan band I was in a couple years ago at Wheatfest too.

Rachel is no doubt a fantastic keyboardist. However, no offence to her, her writing skills not quite so. She's an otherworldly musician who it seems can pick up any musical instrument and play it proficiently. Her prog covers are unbelievable! I wish she could join a prog band as keyboardist. Not a cover band, but as part of a new prog band of equally good musicians. This is my pipe dream about Rachel. Maybe...?
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    However, no offence to her, her writing skills not quite so.
    I think her compositions are quite good. Is it because she has not written a prog album? Have you listened to her single "A B"?