Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: New song Reflections

  1. #1
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,169

    A New song Reflections

    I just finished my new song and video Reflections, today May 13th.
    In fact it's still warm from the record factory. lol

    Thank you for listening.(I'm happily surprised at how well it sounds on Soundcloud for a change)




    Last edited by Top Cat; 05-22-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  2. #2
    Man of repute progmatist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    2,416
    ^^ If it's still "warm," it must be on vinyl.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

  3. #3
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ If it's still "warm," it must be on vinyl.
    I wish..only not any of this 180g crap, 140g will work just fine,thank you
    I was joking with my old bandmates when I sent them the file, that I was going to offer this in a LIMITED EDITION Boxset with all the early crappy versions,alternate mixes, photos of me pulling my hair out while mixing for the 100th time, cassette, vinyl, cd, dvd and vhs for the old timers. And if there are requests we'll throw in a mini-disc version...all for just $250US, including a deluxe box to keep all these goodies in.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  4. #4
    I should try and see if the old thread I started about the Harvest Aorta "Choke On It" deluxe edition boxset is still archived on PE somewhere

    Lovely little song, Richard! As always, of course but still happy to say it
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

  5. #5
    Very nice, kind of very-early-Genesis-y. Wanders a little but has a beautiful sound.

    The one thing is, I'd be a bit concerned about some of the images in that video. I know I've seen some of them before (and was that a Sinkiewicz for "dogs of war"?), and unless you have permission you're courting a takedown order.

    Anyway, thank you for sharing it with us!
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

  6. #6
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I should try and see if the old thread I started about the Harvest Aorta "Choke On It" deluxe edition boxset is still archived on PE somewhere

    Lovely little song, Richard! As always, of course but still happy to say it
    Please find the thread if you can, I'd love to read what your wonderful quirky sense of humor came up with regarding the deluxe edition boxset for Harvest Aorta.
    I always feel a little better after posting a new song, knowing you've listened and I get a thumbs up John.
    You'll be happy to know, I asked my wife to duct tape my hands to the chair to prevent me from the greatest temptation, and that is "adding Mellotron"....mission accomplished!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Very nice, kind of very-early-Genesis-y. Wanders a little but has a beautiful sound.

    The one thing is, I'd be a bit concerned about some of the images in that video. I know I've seen some of them before (and was that a Sinkiewicz for "dogs of war"?), and unless you have permission you're courting a takedown order.

    Anyway, thank you for sharing it with us!
    Thank you so much for listening and for your comment.
    I really appreciate the comments about using images. I go out of my way when downloading images to make certain they are either free or ok under Creative Commons License, and when possible do my best to credit the creators.
    I followed that regimen this time as well. I also use Google Reverse Image Search, because many of these images are posted on blogs, advertising, social network posts, etc.
    Ref The Dogs of War image I did a reverse image search on it, and it was impossible for me to find the artist. It's all over the place.
    I wish I could at least credit the artist or ask permission since my video is not being used for commercial gain.
    YouTube usually runs a program for copyright violations when uploading, but I'm not certain how detailed it is. Also, a one legged man in an ass kicking contest probably gets more views on YT than any of mine do...really man, it's crickets over there. lol

    I really appreciate you bringing the subject to my attention. For instance, I had a different cover which I loved, but after doing a deeper search, I located the artist and her work is still being sold in various sizes and formats, so I had to go with the cover I have now, which I downloaded from Pixabay.com, and is free under Creative Commons License.

    The early Genesis reference makes me smile, since it wasn't my intent, in fact the chord structure in the first half are inspired by a song I recorded in 1984 called World's Lament. I had planned on remaking it, but thank goodness once I started, this song took on a life of it's own.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  7. #7
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,662
    Richard, it's lovely.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  8. #8
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Richard, it's lovely.
    Thank you so much.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I wish..only not any of this 180g crap, 140g will work just fine,thank you
    I was joking with my old bandmates when I sent them the file, that I was going to offer this in a LIMITED EDITION Boxset with all the early crappy versions,alternate mixes, photos of me pulling my hair out while mixing for the 100th time, cassette, vinyl, cd, dvd and vhs for the old timers. And if there are requests we'll throw in a mini-disc version...all for just $250US, including a deluxe box to keep all these goodies in.
    Do you als add some of that pulled out hair in the box, or does that only come with the premium-package for $2,500US?

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Do you als add some of that pulled out hair in the box, or does that only come with the premium-package for $2,500US?
    At my age, we put the pulled hair strands into a lockbox, which will later be used to make a Paul McCartney hairpiece, should I ever decide to perform live.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    A lovely song, perhaps a bit short.
    I agree about the length. When I'm developing a song, sometimes I'll just let the flow of the material decide it's length, and this one just felt right the way it turned out.
    Considering my last 3 songs ranged from 5-6 minutes long, this one just turned out shorter.

    Thanks for listening, and for sharing your thoughts and comment.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At my age, we put the pulled hair strands into a lockbox, which will later be used to make a Paul McCartney hairpiece, should I ever decide to perform live.


    I agree about the length. When I'm developing a song, sometimes I'll just let the flow of the material decide it's length, and this one just felt right the way it turned out.
    Considering my last 3 songs ranged from 5-6 minutes long, this one just turned out shorter.

    Thanks for listening, and for sharing your thoughts and comment.
    You could also take the Tony Levin approach to hair.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •