Thread: Peter Gabriel Genesis 1976 Farewell Tour Setlist

Peter Gabriel Genesis 1976 Farewell Tour Setlist

I was thinking today about what a potential farewell tour setlist (or even just a late 1975 post Lamb) setlist would have looked like if PG did one final tour with Genesis prior to departing in 1975/1976 and Phil Taking over... You would have to assume they wouldn't do the lamb again ... and we know that PG was sick of singing IKWIL by the end of the Selling England Tour ... Keeping it at a reasonable length would it have looked something like this?

Watcher of the Skies
    Firth of Fifth
    Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
    Fly on a Windshield
    Broadway Melody 1974
    Carpet Crawlers
    The Fountain of Salmacis
    The Cinema Show
    Musical Box
    Lilywhite Lilith
    The Waiting Room
    In the Rapids / IT

Encore 1: Suppers Ready
    Encore 2: The Knife

Why speculate?
    Here is the setlist from the Milton Keynes 1982:

"Back in N.Y.C."
    "Dancing with the Moonlit Knight" (Excerpt)
    "The Carpet Crawlers"
    "Firth of Fifth"
    "The Musical Box"
    "Solsbury Hill"
    "Turn It On Again" (vocals: Phil Collins; drums: Peter Gabriel)
    "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"
    "Fly on a Windshield"
    "Broadway Melody of 1974"
    "In the Cage"
    "Supper's Ready"
    "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)" (guitar: Steve Hackett)
    "The Knife" (guitar: Steve Hackett)

Everything on the second setlist (except Turn It On Again is pre-1975) so drop Turn and that would work without disrupting our current space-time continuum. 👍🇬🇧👍

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Despite the absolute dumbness in thinking about this to begin with ... I cannot disagree more with the approach of using the Six of the Best Setlist ... Most of the songs from six of the best were being preformed by Genesis around that time... e.g. "Back in NYC" was played in 1980, the excerpt for "Dancing" was a very Phil Collins thing tied to his mic check... "the knife" was played in 1981.. "Fifth", "I know what i Like" and even "Supper Ready" were played in the early 80s. Really the only completely out of practice song would have been "The Musical Box" and even that was done a few times in 1978.

One thought would be would they have included "White Mountain" as that song was clearly on Mike's mind around this time as it was played on the Trick Tour .. which always seemed like a very strange inclusion!