Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phil Collins interview 1974

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Yeah, I think you see a glimpse of it in the YouTube video.
    Keith.jpg

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Nursery Cryme gets overshadowed by Foxtrot and Selling. But DAMM, what a totally fine piece of music. Fountain of Salcamis is one of the most beautiful and powerful pieces of music ever made, by any band!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Nursery Cryme is pretty great. I love "Fountain of Salmacis" -- actually, I love every song on NC.

Salmacis is such a beautiful composition. It's crazy how young those guys were when they made it.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Nursery Cryme is pretty great. I love "Fountain of Salmacis" -- actually, I love every song on NC.

Salmacis is such a beautiful composition. It's crazy how young those guys were when they made it.
    Yes, I meant Salmacis. I agree everything is stellar and they were indeed young! For whatever reason, I have't overplayed this album so it's still fresh.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

What great insight into Phil's kit during this time... I have always been fascinated by the somewhat duplicative nature of the set during this time .. particularly during the Trick Tour with the larger sized roto toms overlapping in pitch with the standard toms