Thread: Jorma Kaukonen- 80 Years Old and Still an Amazing Player

Jorma Kaukonen- 80 Years Old and Still an Amazing Player

Full schedule of solo, electric and acoustic Hot Tuna gigs in the offing pandemic willing. Alot of hard living back in the day..how the hell does he do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9coNNJ0O3_0

He's been doing weekly Saturday night internet concerts live from his ranch for most of the past year, still an amazing player and has got lots of stories, too.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

The Quarantine concerts are amazing and he tries not to repeat too many songs. And they are all out on youtube, and often involve Jack Casady or others.

I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Besides tons of Jefferson Airplane stuff, I have a couple of his recent solo albums. Blue Country Heart is a favorite. If I could keep only 5 albums, that would be one of them.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Besides tons of Jefferson Airplane stuff, I have a couple of his recent solo albums. Blue Country Heart is a favorite. If I could keep only 5 albums, that would be one of them.

Just picked up the CD re-release of Jorma's first solo LP "Quah" with four bonus tracks, brand new from Amazon for $6.95. Its fantastic.

Agree about "Blue Country Heart"- a vacation road trip staple, keeps one calm when white-knuckling among the killer tractor trailers down Interstate 81.
    Last edited by bfd; 05-05-2021 at 01:16 PM.