Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Bonamassa & BCC

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Well, Kenny can just play guitar and let Glenn sing.
    So, to my point, BCC had both Glenn and Joe singing, which I thought was good, because all Glenn all the time wears me out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    So, to my point, BCC had both Glenn and Joe singing, which I thought was good, because all Glenn all the time wears me out.
    I love Glenn's singing. So, I wouldn't mind a BCC with just him singing. Besides, Joe sings on his solo albums.

I agree with ronmac. I love Glenn Hughes but what made BCC great was Joe and Glenn sharing lead vocal duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Don't know enough about the rest of the guys, but Nuno would be wasting his talents in a band like that.

I'm thinking Kotzen would, too, but again, don't know enough about him.
    i couldn't agree more about Nuno but what else is he doing these days?
    it would certainly be less of a waste then playing with Rhianna (oh i forget, that one probably pays pretty good)

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Shepherd sings? I thought he always had another person singing. Can't say I follow him, though.
    You are correct, not sure what I was thinking there, but Shepherd does use a vocalist. All the other ones I mentioned sing.

Steve Sly

this figures since glenn is a major ego. too bad since joe is a really good complementary guitar player for the styles they were playing. joe has lots of good stuff out and this to me seemed him wanting to play some 70's style hard rock and have fun with it.

From Glenn Hughes on facebook: Let me make it crystal,BCC is no more. Joe left,sad huh? Derek,Jason and I will continue on,but not as BCC because Joe will not let us use it."(Does this sound familiar?

Derek,Jason and I will continue on,but not as BCC because Joe will not let us use it
    If that's true then I don't get what's going on in Joe's head. But then again we don't know who ownes the name of the band. Maybe they all had some type of agreement when the band started (or the who the hell knows?). The impression I've gotten over this whole episode is that Joe loves BCC, and loves and respects Glenn Hughes, but Joe has his solo career and BCC takes a back to seat to his solo gig. It's pretty obvious from reading some of the things Joe has said about Glenn and his bullying that the friendship is damaged. Well whatever, they had a nice little run. Too bad they couldn't tour extensively. I'd like for them to continue as BCC and just get another good, rock guitarist. It'd probably NOT be a good idea to get some "high profile" guitarist with a big solo career.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    If that's true then I don't get what's going on in Joe's head. But then again we don't know who ownes the name of the band. Maybe they all had some type of agreement when the band started (or the who the hell knows?). The impression I've gotten over this whole episode is that Joe loves BCC, and loves and respects Glenn Hughes, but Joe has his solo career and BCC takes a back to seat to his solo gig. It's pretty obvious from reading some of the things Joe has said about Glenn and his bullying that the friendship is damaged. Well whatever, they had a nice little run. Too bad they couldn't tour extensively. I'd like for them to continue as BCC and just get another good, rock guitarist. It'd probably NOT be a good idea to get some "high profile" guitarist with a big solo career.
    On FB,one of the posts alluded to Joe's management owning the name.

The easiest to replace member of the band quits. I bear no grudge against JB, but I have yet to hear anything that sets him apart from scores of blues-based players. Get a new guy that can get onstage with less than 21 people to see to his needs. That's just more than a bit koo koo.

The late Steve Clark of Def Leppard would've been a good choice.....