Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

draft is here!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Go Seahawks!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

This draft has the potential to be very interesting. Could be a lot of trades this year.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens trade their two first round picks for a first round in next year's draft.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens trade their two first round picks for a first round in next year's draft.
    I'd trade our first round pick in next year's draft for the Ravens 2 first rounders in this year's draft.

Antonio Brown re-signs with Bucs. I see them in another SB this season. The new evil empire.....

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'd trade our first round pick in next year's draft for the Ravens 2 first rounders in this year's draft.
    Maybe the Lions or the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Antonio Brown re-signs with Bucs. I see them in another SB this season. The new evil empire.....
    The Evil Empire has resigned all 22 starters from last year
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    The Evil Empire has resigned all 22 starters from last year
    I'm not a betting man but if I was I'd bet a nice chunk o change the Bucs will win it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm not a betting man but if I was I'd bet a nice chunk o change the Bucs will win it all again.
    Only if the officials blow another game deciding call in the playoffs.

Anyone have the number 10 as the over/under?

Tonight and tomorrow night are 2 of my favorite nights of the year. Wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Round one is approved of by this chargers fan.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Why didn't the Ravens trade Orlando Brown to the Lions or Chargers for their pick. Brown is a proven left tackle and draft picks aren't.

This Eagles fan is happy with Devonta Smith.

Thank you, Cowboys!

(Now I have to go shower)
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I like the Browns pick, I don't love it. There were 2 or 3 other players still on the board that I would have rather had. (And who are still there.)

Happy with the Lions pick. Not flashy, but they can always use help on the offensive line and this kid should start right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    This Eagles fan is happy with Devonta Smith.

Thank you, Cowboys!

(Now I have to go shower)
    Once those two CBs were off the board, it was a good idea to trade down for the ‘Boys IMO. And I love getting any PSU linebacker, and approve of the pick.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

^ A bit odd though that the cowboys would help the eagles like that though just for a third round pick. It would be a great irony if one day Smith catches the game winning TD that eliminates the cowboys from the playoffs. Of course maybe he will be a bust and it won't matter in the end.

The Dolphins drafted this Waddle kid. He's supposed to be a speedster receiver from Bama. We'll see. I hope Tua pans out, but he's kinda smallish. He might be a bust. We (I) will have to wait and see. That's all one can do....wait and see.

^ Smith is not going to be a bust, unless it turns out to be around durability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    ^ A bit odd though that the cowboys would help the eagles like that though just for a third round pick. It would be a great irony if one day Smith catches the game winning TD that eliminates the cowboys from the playoffs. Of course maybe he will be a bust and it won't matter in the end.
    My understanding is that the Giants would have grabbed Smith if the Eagles hadn’t.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

When LP started this new thread, I was going to post something to the effect that this is the first year since the mid-late 80s in which I actually thought my team would go to the Super Bowl. But the focus was on the draft, and so I thought that there would be time for a post like that right before the season starts. Then tonight happened. We got 2 first round talents in the first 2 rounds. (They were my 2nd and 6th choices at 26.) Between these additions (and others that may come, and the guys who were injured last year,) the Defense is going to be seriously revamped and upgraded.

Guys, the only thing that can stop us is injuries and/or Baker Mayfield....Seriously. The only places we aren't loaded is at Defensive Line and Linebacker, and we still have some elite players at those positions. It's on the Bake show. Colin Cowherd is licking his chops and quaking in his boots at the same time. Barring injuries, this is my season.

Hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    My understanding is that the Giants would have grabbed Smith if the Eagles hadn’t.
    I suppose we will never know, but I suspect you are right. That said, in that scenario while they would still have to face him twice a year, the cowboys would not have facilitated a division rival getting that player, he just would have gone there on his own. Perhaps a just a nit to pick, but regardless I still find it strange they traded with a division rival in the first round. (I would have found it odd whichever teams did it...I believe the Rams and 49ers did a similar thing in round 3...and I found that odd too.)

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    When LP started this new thread, I was going to post something to the effect that this is the first year since the mid-late 80s in which I actually thought my team would go to the Super Bowl. But the focus was on the draft, and so I thought that there would be time for a post like that right before the season starts. Then tonight happened. We got 2 first round talents in the first 2 rounds. (They were my 2nd and 6th choices at 26.) Between these additions (and others that may come, and the guys who were injured last year,) the Defense is going to be seriously revamped and upgraded.

Guys, the only thing that can stop us is injuries and/or Baker Mayfield....Seriously. The only places we aren't loaded is at Defensive Line and Linebacker, and we still have some elite players at those positions. It's on the Bake show. Colin Cowherd is licking his chops and quaking in his boots at the same time. Barring injuries, this is my season.

Hang on.
    This is way too much optimism from the factory of sadness for me to handle.