Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1623

Thread: The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Good luck to the Rams, but I think GB and TB will be too tough a hill to climb.
    Pretty much everyone I know here in Michigan is rooting for Matt Stafford, but yea, it is going to be tough getting through Green Bay. Stafford has a lot of experience there though.

With all the officiating talk it's interesting to me none of the Raiders made very much of Boger and co's horrible performance in their game

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Seahawks fire Ken Norton Jr as DC. Can't say I didn't see that coming as the defense has been pretty bad in the first half of the last 3 seasons. But the front office has made some pretty dumb decisions too. I thought Norton might leave a few years ago to take a head coaching job but I think his stock is way down.

This makes me think Carroll might be sticking around another year

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    So I dont listen to the national games a lot, especially being a Niners fan, I dont get to hear the top line CBS guys much at all .... so like, is Tony Romo always that biased? He was really living vicariously through the Cowboys on Sunday.
    Weird ending but glad the Niners came out on top. 1st playoff win in Dallas, kinda crazy to think about after all these years.
    I was listening on the radio as I prefer Papa and Kennedy to the national team. I did the same when they were with the Raiders, but now the LV has Musberger I can't stand to listen.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Pretty much everyone I know here in Michigan is rooting for Matt Stafford, but yea, it is going to be tough getting through Green Bay. Stafford has a lot of experience there though.
    Rams are going to TB and Niners to GB. Sorry Wease, but I'm rooting for Rams v. GB in NFC Championship.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Seahawks fire Ken Norton Jr as DC. Can't say I didn't see that coming as the defense has been pretty bad in the first half of the last 3 seasons. But the front office has made some pretty dumb decisions too. I thought Norton might leave a few years ago to take a head coaching job but I think his stock is way down.

This makes me think Carroll might be sticking around another year
    Should have happened a couple of years ago.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Rams are going to TB and Niners to GB. Sorry Wease, but I'm rooting for Rams v. GB in NFC Championship.
    Yup, but even if the Rams get past Tampa (which is going to be difficult) their road still eventually goes through Wisconsin which is going to be even more difficult

The eons are closing
    Gmen - Joe Schoen for GM

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yup, but even if the Rams get past Tampa (which is going to be difficult) their road still eventually goes through Wisconsin which is going to be even more difficult
    You're right, two big challenges to the SB, but I'm confident in these Rams. We've beaten TB once this season and that gives the team confidence. GB, well I'm not sure how to move past them, get lucky, maybe.

WTF? The Rats just fired the DC Martindale
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The only thing I'm hoping for this weekend is that it will not result in another Packers/Bucs NFCC. Mainly I hope the Bucs lose.
    I'm kinda rooting for the 49ers today.

Rams/Bills Super Bowl would make me moist
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Rams/Bills Super Bowl would make me moist
    That's what I'm hoping for. The Super Bowl, that is. Your getting moist is your own business.

I too "prefer" to see a Bills/Rams SB, but I don't see any NFC team beating both.

I suppose if weather is a factor, the 49ers have a solid shot if running dominates. But I would trust Rodgers over Jimmy G. if they start passing. Rams could beat the Bucs, but they wouldn't beat GB at home. So the best result for both 49ers and Rams fans imo is for each to eliminate their opponent today so they can play each other next week.

I am not sure how to judge the AFC games. I am not sold on the Titans. I'm not sold on the Bengals either, but this is the best they have played in some years - so why not? I think the Bills and Chiefs are the two best teams and both look like they could beat the other, so it's a toss up for me.

Pack 24, 49ers 13 - Frozen tundra time

Bucs 30, Rams 20 - cuz Brady

Bungles 24, Titans 20 - Why not?

Bills 27, Chiefs 24 - Probably more my belief than reality
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Gotta pull for the Bills because of the NY thing, but my SB box numbers are all I really care about now. 10 of us in a 100K box. Actually won the 10K once with that crazy Steeler/Cardinal finish those years ago. Still can't believe the circumstances that led to our impossible winning numbers It's also amazing how that much money can disappear so fast
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Bucs 30, Rams 20 - cuz Brady
    That's what I'd expect. It may even be a blowout. If the Bucs go up 14-0 early it's over. There will be turnovers, and there will be blood. The Rams will be Lambs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    That's what I'd expect. It may even be a blowout. If the Bucs go up 14-0 early it's over. There will be turnovers, and there will be blood. The Rams will be Lambs.
    It is not about Brady but about his protection. If Donald, Van Miller, Ramsey will get to Brady game over!

Go Bengals.....

Way to go Bengals.....congrats.

That Bengals kicker is money. Scrappy Bengals found a way to hang around and make the key turnover.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Damn. In the end, Ryan Tannehill couldn't help but be, Ryan Tannehill. He's like a modern day Tommy Maddox or Neil O'Donnell. The Titans, with that awesome running back tandem, and Vrabel still wanted to keep putting the ball in the hands of Tannehill and he's never been that guy and never will be. And what's left in the AFC race? Good quarterbacks.

Garapallo is good for 1 terrible interception a game
    Ian

I've never been a Bungles fan but, damn it, they are from Cincy and I live less than an hour and a half north. I rooted for them in '82 and I rooted for them in '89. I rooted for them today. It doesn't hurt that there are four former Buckeyes on that team - Sam Hubbard, Vonn Bell, Eli Apple, and Isaiah Prince - not to mention Joe Burrow is from Athens and was a Buckeye before transferring to LSU. So I'm happy.

Unfortunately they'll be playing the Chiefs or the Bills next week. I've been a Chiefs fan since Len Dawson (also from Ohio) played for them. And I've been a Bills fan since the days of Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Don Beebe, and Bruce Smith.

Which reminds me of some jokes about them:

Apparently, "Bills" is an acronym: Because I Like Losing Super bowls.

David Letterman: "I don't want to say the Bills choked, but their team physician is Dr Heimlich."

The funniest thing I saw, tho, was a commercial for the New York Yellow Pages back in the late '80s. Bill Parcells was sitting behind a desk and a player came in and asked where to get his suit cleaned. Parcells told him about a dry cleaner. Another player came in and asked where to eat. Parcells recommended a particular restaurant. One of the wide receivers came in and asked how to get to Buffalo. Parcells said, "drop another pass."
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Damn the 49ers might win this
    Ian

Holy shit! They did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk