Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

The Atlanta Falcons agreed to trade star wide receiver Julio Jones to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

In exchange for Jones, the Titans will send a 2022 second-round draft pick and a 2023 fourth-round selection to the Falcons. Along with Jones, the Falcons will send a 2023 sixth-round pick to the Titans.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Wow...not even a first round pick. Quite a bad trade for atlanta. If they were going to do this, should have done a full reboot and axed Ryan as well. half measures get you nowhere.
    My favorite fortune cookie read: "The only way to be successful on the internet is the keep the assholes preventing valuable discussion and eliminate the discussion itself."

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Wow...not even a first round pick. Quite a bad trade for atlanta. If they were going to do this, should have done a full reboot and axed Ryan as well. half measures get you nowhere.
    This was all about the Salary Cap. They were in Salary Cap Hell, and decided an aging 1st ballot HOFer trade was their way out.
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Idk...ever year there are teams (like the Saints and the Rams) that seem to be able to say fuck the salary cap and can do whatever to dance around it. And if some teams can do it, I don't know why others can't.
    My favorite fortune cookie read: "The only way to be successful on the internet is the keep the assholes preventing valuable discussion and eliminate the discussion itself."

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I don't follow the Falcons, but I recall reading that they were $7 million under the cap before signing any of their draft picks. That doesn't give a lot of wiggle room, even if your veterans are willing to take pay cuts.
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection