Thread: The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Yes, that's exactly the point. The whole incident is being exaggerated and blown out of proportion.
    I’m surprised he didn’t finish off his speech “Credit to them. Go Home. We Love You, You’re Very Special.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Enough time to break it down? C'mon, don't exaggerate, it was a paragraph with right clicks & pasting.

I never said anything about cancelling him.

I said he was an idiot. This guy gets to say whatever he wants because it was a frustrating loss? Poor, poor, Prescott.
    Too much ado about nothing. The heat of the moment, nothing else. No need to call Dak an idiot.

He does better in his life than anyone of us could ever dream of. He makes incredible amount of money, he is nominated to Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award.

I guess that makes us looking silly [emoji12]

Besides Jerry knows how to convert controversy like this into money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    The heat of the moment, nothing else. No need to call Dak an idiot..
    I agree. Thanks.

Prescott's comments solidified him as an idiot. Glad he lost.

"Here's the Cowboys' radio call of the final play and aftermath, with one of the announcers rightfully not happy about the crowd throwing things at the refs."
    No way. The Internet and national broadcasters have told me only Philly fans do this kind of thing.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Yeah, sorry not sorry, but anyone who applauds people throwing garbage at someone for having their feelings hurt is an idiot, at best. Obviously he shouldn't be cancelled (whatever that hyperbolic overreaction has to do with this), but I don't think the league can be too happy that one of their most high profile players is encourage this bad behavior.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The reason is simple. Jones – along with the team and many others -- believed this year's Cowboys were headed for a special run.
    The Cowboys (12-5) had a six-win improvement in head coach Mike McCarthy's second year, jumping from 6-10 to the NFC East title. Led by first-round draft pick Micah Parsons and league-interception leader Trevon Diggs, a revamped defense led the league in takeaways. And despite a dip in production after the bye, the offense still entered the playoffs No. 1 in scoring and yardage.
    On paper, that's a recipe for a potential deep run in January.
    But the same issues that plagued the Cowboys against some other playoff-caliber teams during the regular-season resurfaced in the postseason: slow start, penalties, big yards-after-catch gains allowed.

IMO, the Cowboys should have not been in the playoffs and the only way to fix this, is to do what needs to be done with political parties. Get rid of organizational boundaries, sure program game schedules need to spread the travel pain, but at least get rid of divisions so that when playoff time comes, the rack and stack isn’t biased by division leaders.
    Last edited by Firth; 01-18-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    The reason is simple. Jones – along with the team and many others -- believed this year's Cowboys were headed for a special run.
    The Cowboys (12-5) had a six-win improvement in head coach Mike McCarthy's second year, jumping from 6-10 to the NFC East title. Led by first-round draft pick Micah Parsons and league-interception leader Trevon Diggs, a revamped defense led the league in takeaways. And despite a dip in production after the bye, the offense still entered the playoffs No. 1 in scoring and yardage.
    On paper, that's a recipe for a potential deep run in January.
    But the same issues that plagued the Cowboys against some other playoff-caliber teams during the regular-season resurfaced in the postseason: slow start, penalties, big yards-after-catch gains allowed.

IMO, the Cowboys should have not been in the playoffs and the only way to fix this, is to what needs to be done with political parties. Get rid of organizational boundaries, sure program game schedules to spread the travel pain, but at least get rid of divisions so that when playoff time comes, the rack and stack isn’t biased by division leaders.
    They definitely benefitted from a weak NFC East. Their division schedule was a feast! Look at the Niners and the West, having to play the Rams, Cards, and even down and out Seahawks twice is tough. Not tough enough for them to beat GB though. Rams and GB in NFC Title game!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    As Romo said yesterday, the Cowboys’ future is now. They are SO LOADED with talent, top notch talent, at so many positions, there really is no good reason why they shouldn’t have gone deep into the playoffs. Next year is very likely to be a drop off. I think that this was truly their year if it was to happen.
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

I see the Bucs and Green Bay in the NFCC ....again.

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    As Romo said yesterday, the Cowboys’ future is now. They are SO LOADED with talent, top notch talent, at so many positions, there really is no good reason why they shouldn’t have gone deep into the playoffs. Next year is very likely to be a drop off. I think that this was truly their year if it was to happen.
    I disagree. Chiefs looked million dollars a season before they won it all. The failure did not stop them from winning in the following season. In fact it motivated them more.
    The Cowboys’ talents are young. Dak is one of the best QB on the league. EZ gets healthy. Defense gets more mature. I see them better next year

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Rams and GB in NFC Title game!
    That would be my perfect world. A win-win for me!

I'd love to see the Rams in the Conference final. However, I've seen nothing from them that makes me think they have a ghost of a chance of being in that game. And I think we can say that Matthew Stafford's problems in Detroit were not all about the talent around him.

I’m surprised he didn’t finish off his speech “Credit to them. Go Home. We Love You, You’re Very Special.”
    Hey, don’t get Dave here riled up.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Yeah, sorry not sorry, but anyone who applauds people throwing garbage at someone for having their feelings hurt is an idiot, at best. Obviously he shouldn't be cancelled (whatever that hyperbolic overreaction has to do with this).
    I would have thought my response and follow up were clear enough that I was being over the top. But I guess not.

That said, I didn’t take Dak all that seriously, and by the chuckles from the press, neither did they. But perhaps he should apologize for it.

They definitely benefitted from a weak NFC East. Their division schedule was a feast! Look at the Niners and the West, having to play the Rams, Cards, and even down and out Seahawks twice is tough. Not tough enough for them to beat GB though. Rams and GB in NFC Title game!
    Good luck to the Rams, but I think GB and TB will be too tough a hill to climb.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Niners lost twice to the Seahawks this season.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Wowww. Kyler Murray does the exact same thing that they showed Stafford do earlier this year, in the pregame show.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Wowww. Kyler Murray does the exact same thing that they showed Stafford do earlier this year, in the pregame show.
    He’s looked scared and intimidated from the start.

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    A weekend of stinkers.

So I dont listen to the national games a lot, especially being a Niners fan, I dont get to hear the top line CBS guys much at all .... so like, is Tony Romo always that biased? He was really living vicariously through the Cowboys on Sunday.
    Weird ending but glad the Niners came out on top. 1st playoff win in Dallas, kinda crazy to think about after all these years.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    A weekend of stinkers.
    Agree, the playoff expansion has not yielded very good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Good luck to the Rams, but I think GB and TB will be too tough a hill to climb.
    Had the Cards beaten the Rams last night, they most assuredly would've fallen to TB and the Bucs next weekend. As is the case in the long history of Phoenix teams, they started out strong, and fell apart toward the end.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agree, the playoff expansion has not yielded very good results.
    There is no golden bullet for this.
    Even NCAA with 4 teams produced stinkers because two teams just did not show up.

I think the expansion makes for an interesting season (the last week of the regular season actually mattered for most of the games).

And I bet fans of winning teams beg to disagree as well!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'd love to see the Rams in the Conference final. However, I've seen nothing from them that makes me think they have a ghost of a chance of being in that game. And I think we can say that Matthew Stafford's problems in Detroit were not all about the talent around him.
    Liking the Rams coach Sean McVay.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    There is no golden bullet for this.
    Even NCAA with 4 teams produced stinkers because two teams just did not show up.

I think the expansion makes for an interesting season (the last week of the regular season actually mattered for most of the games).

And I bet fans of winning teams beg to disagree as well!

All good points.