Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

I'm watching Ravens/Browns. That missed field goal a few seconds ago by Cleveland was brutal. I've never noticed this many missed field goals and PATs compared to past seasons. Even in college ball.

Dear God. One missed field goal and the complexion of the game changes. If I'm a Browns fan I'm shitting myself.

And the Bills got jobbed.

Urban Meyer fired....

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Talk about square peg / round hole
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Washington has 21 players on the COVID list, but they're still playing the game.

WTF, Goodell?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Urban Meyer fired....[emoji38]
    The timeline (source: espn) - so so awful...

Jan. 14: Hired as Jaguars' seventh head coach

Feb. 10: Hires Chris Doyle as director of sports performance. Doyle was longtime head strength coach at Iowa but reached a separation agreement in June 2020 after he had been accused of making racist statements and bullying and belittling Black players

Feb. 11: Fritz Pollard Alliance blasts Jaguars and Meyer for hiring Doyle. Doyle later resigns, with Meyer and GM Trent Baalke saying they did not consider the implications of hiring him

April 29: Jaguars select Trevor Lawrence first overall. The team also took RB Travis Etienne, Lawrence's Clemson teammate, 25th. Meyer admitted in a post-draft news conference that he had wanted to take former Florida WR Kadarius Toney with that pick

May 20: Sign Tim Tebow to play tight end, a position the former Heisman Trophy winner had never played

July 1: NFL fined Jaguars $200,000 and Meyer $100,000 for excessive contact during a June 1 OTA. Team also ordered to forfeit two OTAs during the first week of the 2022 offseason

July/August: Meyer has Lawrence alternate days with the first-team offense with Gardner Minshew throughout training camp to earn the starting quarterback job

Aug. 25: Meyer announces Lawrence as the starter

Aug. 28: The Jaguars trade Minshew to Philadelphia

Aug. 31: Meyer says he and Baalke considered a player's vaccination status when determining final cuts. NFLPA opens an investigation

Sept. 12: Jaguars look unprepared and confused during a season-opening 37-21 loss at Houston, which was regarded by many as the worst team in the league entering year

Oct. 2: Two days after losing a Thursday night game in Cincinnati, a video of a woman dancing near Meyer's lap goes viral on social media

Oct. 4: Meyer apologizes for his actions. "I just apologized to the team and staff for being a distraction. Just stupid and so I explained everything that happened and owned it. Just stupid. Should not have myself in that kind of position." Roughly an hour after Meyer's news conference another video emerged on social media that appeared to show Meyer touching what appeared to be the same woman's bottom while he was sitting at the bar

Oct. 5: Khan issues a public rebuke of Meyer over the two videos

Dec. 11: NFL Network reports that Marvin Jones Jr. had to be persuaded to return to the team facility after leaving in response to Meyer's vocal criticisms of the wide receiver corps. NFLN also reported that Meyer called his assistant coaches losers during a staff meeting and asked them to defend their resumes. A league source refuted the report about the meeting to ESPN

Dec. 12: Jaguars lose 20-0 at Tennessee in the fourth shutout loss in franchise history. After game, Meyer denied both NFLN allegations and said anyone leaking information risks losing their job

Dec. 13: Khan says he will not make any hasty decision nor will he be swayed by emotion when it comes to what to do with Meyer

Dec. 15: Ex-Jags kicker Josh Lambo alleges Meyer kicked him in the leg while he was stretching in warmups before a practice during the week of the final preseason game. Meyer said the "characterization of me and this incident is completely inaccurate and there are eyewitnesses to refute his account."

Meyer was fired hours later.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    To be fair, that Aug. 31st issue was actually the correct move. the rest however......
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Washington has 21 players on the COVID list, but they're still playing the game.

WTF, Goodell?
    Washington should be forced to forfeit. By rule, since an unvaccinated player started this mess, they should be punished.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Wash might be starting a QB yanked from NE's practice squad this week. That sounds like punishment of sorts.

Totally outraged that the Eagles/WFT game is postponed.

The current set of schedule adjustments for postoned Week 15 games:
    https://nesn.com/2021/12/nfl-covid-s...week-15-games/

Seahawks - Rams moved to Tuesday
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...spital-friday/

Chargers' Donald Parham 'resting comfortably' and likely to be discharged from hospital Friday
    The Chargers TE injured his head during Thursday's night game against the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Totally outraged that the Eagles/WFT game is postponed.
    Why?
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...spital-friday/

Chargers' Donald Parham 'resting comfortably' and likely to be discharged from hospital Friday
    The Chargers TE injured his head during Thursday's night game against the Chiefs
    Only caught the first quarter but saw the concussion. That was the strangest, scary concussion I've seen in years. That image of him on the stretcher shaking his arms. Looked serious.

^ It looked like a typical fall to the ground that you'll see hundreds of times over the course of an NFL season. I was very surprised to see it result in that degree of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ It looked like a typical fall to the ground that you'll see hundreds of times over the course of an NFL season. I was very surprised to see it result in that degree of injury.
    The close up on his face and arms in the endzone looked creepy. Like brain damage.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    That was certainly the thing that stood out most to me. How many times do you see players fall like that and how many worse hits are there each game that result to nothing (at least nothing immediate like this one)...really bizarre and frightening.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Urban Meyer fired....
    Dude has such poor character. I doubt the Jags win a couple more games with anyone else as coach but this wasn't about losses. The owner got tired of hearing about what a piece of shit his head coach was.

I was looking forward to the Raiders@Browns game today. Damn. Nothing like football on a Saturday afternoon.

^ There's probably some Bowl games on this afternoon, and there's still an NFL game on tonight.

^ There's probably some Bowl games on this afternoon, and there's still an NFL game on tonight.
    7 Bowl games today with some good matchups.

^ I wish they had spread them out through the whole month of December, instead of cramming them all into a week and a half or so.

^ I wish they had spread them out through the whole month of December, instead of cramming them all into a week and a half or so.
    I was thinking that in the past they used to spread them out over 3 weeks. The first 2 bowls were yesterday so this year it ends up being a little over 2 weeks which is a lot in a short period of time.