Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

Guys, the only thing that can stop us is injuries and/or Baker Mayfield....Seriously. The only places we aren't loaded is at Defensive Line and Linebacker, and we still have some elite players at those positions. It's on the Bake show. Colin Cowherd is licking his chops and quaking in his boots at the same time. Barring injuries, this is my season.

Hang on.
    I'm feeling optimistic about the Dolphins this season too. Honestly, this will be Tua's make or break season. I still think he's a fine athlete with great attitude, but he's smallish. Not sure if he's the future of the team. Whatever. We could be a better team this year but go 8-8 or 7-9.

And this Eichenberg kid looks like a stud ( 6'6", 350).

The Ravens drafted for need with a good WR and a pass rusher from Pen State. Day two a bulldozer OG lineman at 6'6" and 350 lbs and a CB who maybe they thought was the best guy for the future.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    This is way too much optimism from the factory of sadness for me to handle.
    I know. I feel like I'm wearing wet socks.

Haven't seen much talk of Aaron. He's a diva but he is a great QB. He should have at least 3 rings. Hope he gets outta Dodge. Screw the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm feeling optimistic about the Dolphins this season too. Honestly, this will be Tua's make or break season. I still think he's a fine athlete with great attitude, but he's smallish. Not sure if he's the future of the team. Whatever. We could be a better team this year but go 8-8 or 7-9.
    I wish you well, Vic. I don't see any elite physical characteristics with In Tua Nua, so if he's successful, it's likely going to be because of what's between the ears. The 'fins are having a very good draft, and this will be his year to shine or brine. As a Buffett fan, I'd say "Fins Up!", but that would be misconstrued in this context.

Haven't seen much talk of Aaron. He's a diva but he is a great QB. He should have at least 3 rings. Hope he gets outta Dodge. Screw the Packers.
    He's so good, that there are a number of teams (my Browns included) that would be an absolute lock to win the Super Bowl (barring injuries) if Aaron Rodgers is their quarterback. Is it worth it to take on an older quarterback? Probably, but you can't give up players currently on the roster, you have to give up draft picks. Not sure how that works against the salary cap.

Moe, Tom Brady did something to these older QBs who've been in this league for 10 years or so and are still playing at a high level. Aaron Rodgers knows he needs to go somewhere else. I can't help thinking he's made some boneheaded decisions while under pressure in the conference championship.

don't see any elite physical characteristics with In Tua
    I don't either. I'm rooting for the kid. The Dolphins made a play for Dashawn Watson but that didnt happen. Duh? So, the teams knows he's not the future. Time will tell.

I don't either. I'm rooting for the kid. The Dolphins made a play for Dashawn Watson but that didnt happen. Duh? So, the teams knows he's not the future. Time will tell.
    They dodged a bullet there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They dodged a bullet there.
    What's up with Watson anyway? Is he playing this season anywhere? I doubt Houston is playing him.

What's up with Watson anyway? Is he playing this season anywhere? I doubt Houston is playing him.
    PFL Prison Football League

Barring injuries, this is my season.

Hang on.
    Aside from my Birds, I'll be rooting for your Browns, Moe, and Steve's Lions. Both teams' fanbases deserve some success.

(Although I think Steve will still have to wait a while. Sorry, Steve.)

I thought Houston wanted him? He didn't want them?

But now you have Watson and Rodgers on the market. Though Watson does have some pretty heavy baggage.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

When LP started this new thread, I was going to post something to the effect that this is the first year since the mid-late 80s in which I actually thought my team would go to the Super Bowl. But the focus was on the draft, and so I thought that there would be time for a post like that right before the season starts. Then tonight happened. We got 2 first round talents in the first 2 rounds. (They were my 2nd and 6th choices at 26.) Between these additions (and others that may come, and the guys who were injured last year,) the Defense is going to be seriously revamped and upgraded.

Guys, the only thing that can stop us is injuries and/or Baker Mayfield....Seriously. The only places we aren't loaded is at Defensive Line and Linebacker, and we still have some elite players at those positions. It's on the Bake show. Colin Cowherd is licking his chops and quaking in his boots at the same time. Barring injuries, this is my season.

Hang on.
    If Lamar learns how to throw the ball this year be ready to put up a black and purple banner this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Aside from my Birds, I'll be rooting for your Browns, Moe, and Steve's Lions. Both teams' fanbases deserve some success.

(Although I think Steve will still have to wait a while. Sorry, Steve.)

e.
    Yes, it will be a while, although I am very happy with the draft. The Lions beefed up both offensive & defensive lines, got a solid WR, defensive backfield help and took a chance on a running back that has possible upside.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Who knows, if they can give Goof, er...I mean, Goff time the pocket, he can be effective. He may never reach Statford's stats, but he's exceeded his playoff victories. I see Lions have picked up the son of Bret Perriman. Maybe time to revisit the run-n-shoot?

Screw the Packers.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Who knows, if they can give Goof, er...I mean, Goff time the pocket, he can be effective. He may never reach Statford's stats, but he's exceeded his playoff victories. I see Lions have picked up the son of Bret Perriman. Maybe time to revisit the run-n-shoot?
    I had Goff on my fantasy team two years ago and he was incredibly inconsistent. He had weeks where he looked like a superstar and weeks where he looked like a deer in the headlights. I think he has the talent to be the leader of the Lions, but time will tell. Yup, Brett Perriman was a great receiver back in the day. His son was ok with the Jets last year, but nothing spectacular. With the exception of Ceiphus, the Lions receiving core will be completely new this year, so it will be interesting at least.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Fantasy Football scores are not a good measure of QB worth in a team setting. They always look good on teams who are behind big in games regular and the QB starts throwing it all over the place.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Fantasy Football scores are not a good measure of QB worth in a team setting. They always look good on teams who are behind big in games regular and the QB starts throwing it all over the place.
    Yup, I get that, but since Goff was my starting quarterback I watched a lot of his games that year. He seemed all over the place to me. Some weeks looking great and some weeks not so good. He had a good team around him as they made the playoffs that year.

Ravens have a better offensive line and team after trading Orlando Brown and adding Villanueva.

This potentially gives Baltimore one of the most formidable-looking offensive lines in the league with left tackle Ronnie Stanley (6-foot-6, 315 pounds), left guard Ben Cleveland (6-6, 357), center Bradley Bozeman (6-5, 325), right guard Kevin Zeitler (6-4, 315) and right tackle Villanueva (6-9, 320).

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yup, I get that, but since Goff was my starting quarterback I watched a lot of his games that year. He seemed all over the place to me. Some weeks looking great and some weeks not so good. He had a good team around him as they made the playoffs that year.
    Yep, Goff and Wentz both were incredibly inconsistent the last couple of years. Wentz went to a team with a good offensive line, Goff, not so much and Stafford had a quicker release.

Ravens/Raiders open up MNF this season. I don't know how exciting of a game that will be. I thought they would of had a Ravens/Chiefs game.

Steelers and Ravens have the two toughest schedules this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Steelers and Ravens have the two toughest schedules this season.
    Factor in the refs and you guys are toast.