Thread: The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

Caught about a quarter of the game. Brady/Bucs look unstoppable. Whoís their biggest challenge in the NFC? Cowboys maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Eagles fans are about to burn the city down after that debacle last night.
    What are the 3 biggest complaints?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Caught about a quarter of the game. Brady/Bucs look unstoppable. Who’s their biggest challenge in the NFC? Cowboys maybe?
    Cardinals and Rams
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The Eagles have traded Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for cornerback Tay Gowan and a 2022 fifth round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Offensive play calling, defensive scheme and play calling, and QB play.

So, no big deal or anything.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ but what did they expect?
    My favorite fortune cookie read: "The only way to be successful on the internet is the keep the assholes preventing valuable discussion and eliminate the discussion itself."

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Cardinals and Rams
    Not so sure. Brady Boy will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Not so sure. Brady Boy will find a way.
    Right but the question was who will be their biggest challengers
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Right but the question was who will be their biggest challengers
    Right, I don't see anyone challenging them. If the Bucs get into the playoffs Brady will find a way. I would love to see a Bucs/Chargers SB.

I wouldn't be so quick to give Tampa the trophy. Father Time is undefeated, and TB12 is already past his expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to give Tampa the trophy. Father Time is undefeated, and TB12 is already past his expiration date.
    They could lose the SB, but I'll bet you a dollar they'll be in the SB.

I'll take that bet.
    Ian

I thought I heard one source say (paraphrasing) Look for more email revelations regarding other NFL people. We'll see.
    The AP is now reporting that no others will be implicated in the email scandal.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

The AP is now reporting that no others will be implicated in the email scandal.
    AP article

TMZ article

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Number One. Owner Jeff Lurie being too meddlesome in the offensive philosophy. Lurie is a big analytics guy and he is on record saying that analytics “proves” that the running game is overrated and essentially not that important to a successful offense. To which I say, well the greatest QB of all time and three outstanding receivers in AB, Godwin and one more (who’s name I don’t feel like looking up right now) and TB still gave the ball to Fournette an awful lot [EDIT: Fournette followed up a 110-yard, one touchdown performance against the Dolphins in Week Five with 127 yards and two scores on Thursday night. (From ProFootballTalk). END EDIT]. If the run game isn’t important, then why waste salary cap and a roster space for the three RBs they have? Just get a few more WRs or TEs...

Number Two. GM Howie Roseman, aka Grima Wormtongue, making horrible roster decisions easily 80% of the time and the only GM that I know of who has survived 4 head coaches without a hint of his job being in jeopardy. He too believes in pass first, pass always, no need for a run game philosophy.

Number Three. I will bundle two in this one. Easily the weakest D I have ever seen, worse than Billy Davis under Chip Kelly, and the fact that our run game is non existent. Miles Sanders had 1 carry for 1 yard in three quarters.
    Last edited by Painter; 10-16-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    ^ but what did they expect?
    Hmmm, maybe an NFL offense that is a slight bit more complex than that of a high school team and a Defense a little more active than 11 traffic cones. The only reason that TB didn’t score more points is I think that the TB offense was exhausted from all the yards they were able to run.
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

If the Cards win tomorrow and remain undefeated, it will be a miracle. A couple of injuries, and many positive Covid tests including Coach Kingsbury.....and just when the Browns decide to be a good team for a change.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    If the Cards win tomorrow and remain undefeated, it will be a miracle. A couple of injuries, and many positive Covid tests including Coach Kingsbury.....and just when the Browns decide to be a good team for a change.
    The Browns are pretty banged up too.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Got my Covid booster yesterday. No ill effects. Even if the vaccine doesn't work, getting it isn't a big deal. Why are these players being such pussies about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The Eagles have traded Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for cornerback Tay Gowan and a 2022 fifth round draft pick.

Offensive play calling, defensive scheme and play calling, and QB play.

So, no big deal or anything.
    Their O-Line looked like swiss cheese. Poor QB was pressured almost every down.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Got my Covid booster yesterday. No ill effects. Even if the vaccine doesn't work, getting it isn't a big deal. Why are these players being such pussies about this.
    Iím so tired of people saying the vaccine doesnít work. Itís not a 1 or 0, there are factors which have been confused by the CDC using data from older people that had been vaccinated 7 months ago. Plus proof has been antibody levels which is not the only factor. Proof is our numbers, but an mild infection isnít a bad thing.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Haven't you heard? The vaccine enlarges one's testicles. That would make it difficult to wear an athletic supporter. Now excuse me while I do more "research."
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

The eons are closing
    Are the Vikings the worst .500 team in the NFL?

God..... Up 11 with 7 min left - miss FG - promptly give up 11 pts - including failing to hold on two fourth and longs on the tying drive....THEN...manage a "game winning' drive to only miss the FG again.

And while I am happy for the W - fucking awful football over last 12 minutes....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

^That game was a clown show, but certainly had its exciting moments. I don’t think the Panthers can win without McCaffrey.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The Dolphins are horrible. They can't get a first down to save their lives. Awful. Terrible team. Fuck 'em. They deserve to lose.

How about this Diggs kid? Go Cowboys.