Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: French TV #14: "All Our Failures Are Behind Us" Now Out

Cant wait to hear it! Its on my shopping list for coming bandcamp friday.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Pulled this one out again last night. It's a great album that every fan of the band should own!! So very good!

I concur, this is a great record with some great tunes and compositions. Excellent stuff. These guys are monster musicians, but know how to cut loose and have fun together. I really like this one, and their previous one was great too.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Much thanks for the compliments, fellas! For those who have been wondering, work continues on the next FTV cd. It's been tricky, as guitarist Katsumi Yoneda has been feverishly working on his other band TEE's new cd, which will finally be available July 2nd. If you love Kenso, you'll love this!

Hey, Mike, how is it going with the next album? I’ve been listening to much French TV lately and wondering when our next our next dose will be ready. Not to rush you or anything. Hope everyone in the band is doing well! You need to be at Progday again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey, Mike, how is it going with the next album? I’ve been listening to much French TV lately and wondering when our next our next dose will be ready. Not to rush you or anything. Hope everyone in the band is doing well! You need to be at Progday again soon!
    Thanks for asking! In answer to the corresponding avalanche here on PE of questions about FTV #15 "I Take My Hat Off Every Morning To All The Beauty Of The World" (working title):
    1) We've begun mixing an 18+minute epic our keyboardist Patrick Strawser has written. It also features TEE flautist Kenji Imai, who really contributes some gorgeous lines.
    2) We welcome original FTV drummer Fenner Castner back to our ranks! It's been a lot of fun connecting with Fenn, who after his FTV days went on to play with Marshall Crenshaw, Warner Hodges, Tommy Womack, as well as doing tons of Nashville sessions.
    3) There are also plans to include a bonus covers disc, with deep cuts from Traffic, Mountain, Bloodrock, Iron Butterfly, Rory Gallagher, the James Gang, Steppenwolf, Procol Harum, J Giles Band, the Kinks, and the Guess Who---sort of a valentine to the stuff I grew up on.
    4) Making some discreet contacts (well, not so discreet now) with promoters for a possible European tour in the Fall. We shall see...
    5) Would play ProgDay again in a heartbeat (given some prep time)!
    6) Tracks for FTV #16 already sketched out---the groaning you may hear would be the other French TV members.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sary View Post
    Thanks for asking! In answer to the corresponding avalanche here on PE of questions about FTV #15 "I Take My Hat Off Every Morning To All The Beauty Of The World" (working title):
    1) We've begun mixing an 18+minute epic our keyboardist Patrick Strawser has written. It also features TEE flautist Kenji Imai, who really contributes some gorgeous lines.
    2) We welcome original FTV drummer Fenner Castner back to our ranks! It's been a lot of fun connecting with Fenn, who after his FTV days went on to play with Marshall Crenshaw, Warner Hodges, Tommy Womack, as well as doing tons of Nashville sessions.
    3) There are also plans to include a bonus covers disc, with deep cuts from Traffic, Mountain, Bloodrock, Iron Butterfly, Rory Gallagher, the James Gang, Steppenwolf, Procol Harum, J Giles Band, the Kinks, and the Guess Who---sort of a valentine to the stuff I grew up on.
    4) Making some discreet contacts (well, not so discreet now) with promoters for a possible European tour in the Fall. We shall see...
    6) Tracks for FTV #16 already sketched out---the groaning you may hear would be the other French TV members.
    Excellent news! Thanks for sharing, Mike. Can't wait to hear the music when it comes out (and the covers bonus disc sounds like a lot of fun).
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

New French Tv = Autobuy

They never dissapoint.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Pretty excellent news. Looking forward to it.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Can you hear me groaning all the way out here?? Dang.

^ ^ ^ ^

Cuneiform is releasing FTV 15 : A Ghastly State of Affairs on November 17 in CD and digital format(s). It's swell.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^

Cuneiform is releasing FTV 15 : A Ghastly State of Affairs on November 17 in CD and digital format(s). It's swell.

Wowza!! Congrats, dudes!

I am in!

Their last couple of albums were really good.

Definitely on a roll. Seem to get better and better. Looking forward to this and the next.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

It's here! French TV #15 "A Ghastly State of Affairs" is now available on Cuneiform Records! Woohoo!

https://mailchi.mp/cuneiformrecords/...worldwide-more

ftv_cuneiform.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Gave it a spin this morning. Great stuff.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

It’s very good, but there’s something about it that’s different from the previous few albums that’s making it take a little longer to digest fully. But it’s certainly good.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It’s very good, but there’s something about it that’s different from the previous few albums that’s making it take a little longer to digest fully. But it’s certainly good.
    I may take the credit (or blame!…..depending on how you think of it) for that difference. The first track (which is a big chunk of the record….over 18 minutes) was composed almost entirely by me, as opposed to the more collaborative approach that we take to the other tunes. To me, that track stands out as not your typical French TV of tune….not quite as quirky as the other material.

I admittedly take a different approach to songwriting/composition/arrangement than what you’d find in older iterations of French TV. Not that one approach is better than the other….just very different!

Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

I'll be grabbing this soon
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Loving the new French TV.

Maybe a little more tuneful and accessible then the previous ones but still very much classic French TV. Another fine one in a great run of albums.

^^ Agreed, it's really really great.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Loving the new French TV.

Maybe a little more tuneful and accessible then the previous ones but still very much classic French TV. Another fine one in a great run of albums.
    It's funny, but when would I re-read the reviews I wrote for all the French TV-albums (up till #13), I'm sure I will find out that I end those reviews with words like "this one is more tunefull and accessible then the previous ones". In other words: French TV-music becomes more and more accessible with the years!

Nice review of A Ghastly state of affairs on DPRP:
    https://www.dprp.net/reviews/2024/001#french-tv