Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French TV #14: "All Our Failures Are Behind Us" Now Out

French TV #14: "All Our Failures Are Behind Us" Now Out

A word to the wise (guys): The new French TV cd "All Our Failures Are Behind Us" is now available through BandCamp (frenchtv.bandcamp.com), the French TV website www.french-tv.net, and soon through your favorite prog mail order dealers. The same crew from the last couple of cds are back: Mike Sary: bass, loops, samples/Katsumi Yoneda (from TEE): guitars/Patrick Strawser (Volare); keyboards, and longtime mainstay Jeff Gard: drums, plus returning alumni Warren Dale (TRAP): woodwinds, accordion and Ludo Fabre (Mentat Routage) : violin. I like to think this one will turn some heads, and hopefully not in disgust!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I already listened to this on Bandcamp, and ordered the CD. It sounds GREAT, Mike!

Thanks man! It's amazing how a pandemic can make one zero in on composing. These tunes were sketched out over roughly a 3 week period Feb-March of last year, when I found myself with A LOT of time on my hands and when it looked like shutdown was going to be an extended fact of life.

Wow Mike! That is quick. I think the previous one was very good so I will certainly get this one too.

I see that you also uploaded the rest of your back catalogue to bandcamp. I put the new one and probably one or two of the old ones on the shopping list for the next bandcamp friday.

Link to French TV bandcamp page:
    https://frenchtv.bandcamp.com/

New album

I'll be lined up for this on the next Bandcamp Friday.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'll be lined up for this on the next Bandcamp Friday.
    Same here.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Congrats Mike!
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Most excellent news, yes!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Great news, Mike. I really liked Stories Without Fingerprints, so I'll be picking this one up for realsies as well.

Congrats, and keep up the good work man.

Thanks for all the kind words. As a treat, I will allow you to view our ugly mugs as we navigate our way though one of the new tracks:

This sounds very good.
    On a subconscious level, the name "French TV" probably kept me away from threads about this project (because, well, I'm french and I don't really like french TV !), and now I realize that I've missed something.
    Last edited by Interstellar; 04-22-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the name (thanks, Steve Roberts), and if someone had gone back to 1983 and explained to me there was going to be this thing called "GOOGLE" and what it would be for, I'd have ditched the name immediately. I suppose I could always change it, but it's a little late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sary View Post
    Yeah, I've never been a fan of the name (thanks, Steve Roberts), and if someone had gone back to 1983 and explained to me there was going to be this thing called "GOOGLE" and what it would be for, I'd have ditched the name immediately. I suppose I could always change it, but it's a little late in the game.
    Hey, hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

For what it's worth, I like the name.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    There are worse internet band names "The The", "The Who"
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Not a big deal, the new album is awesome. I am late to the party and have been downloading everything from this band lately. What great stuff!

I am smiling and blushing!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    There are worse internet band names "The The", "The Who"
    Yes.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Steve Roberts...Isn't that the guy who had ZNR mail order?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Nice.

The last couple have been stellar so I'm excited for the new one.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Steve Roberts...Isn't that the guy who had ZNR mail order?
    The very same. Steve is still in business, but does most of his selling through Discogs.

Got my copy a couple of days ago (the first one sold, Mike informed me in a note!).

This may be the band's best album yet, in which case for now the album title would be true. The album is in the prime listening position of Saturday night after watching The Wizard of Oz with the family for the first time in several years, as the medical has kicked in. At the beginning and around half-way through each song, I ask myself "What classic prog-fusion album am I listening to?!" Not only are the compositions and performances outstanding, but the sounds used are really perfect and pleasing. The only way to improve it would be to make it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Got my copy a couple of days ago (the first one sold, Mike informed me in a note!).

This may be the band's best album yet, in which case for now the album title would be true. The album is in the prime listening position of Saturday night after watching The Wizard of Oz with the family for the first time in several years, as the medical has kicked in. At the beginning and around half-way through each song, I ask myself "What classic prog-fusion album am I listening to?!" Not only are the compositions and performances outstanding, but the sounds used are really perfect and pleasing. The only way to improve it would be to make it longer.
    Many thanks for the compliments, Jed! However, you've now violated the Oath of Silence true French TV fans have taken towards us, and you are hereby on notice.

Many thanks for the compliments, Jed! However, you've now violated the Oath of Silence true French TV fans have taken towards us, and you are hereby on notice.
    Jed’s been violating the oath of silence for some time now........
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Jed’s been violating the oath of silence for some time now........
    That's not the only oath I've violated...
    Last edited by JKL2000; 05-03-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Already ordered through Wayside.
    I want my FTV!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"