Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordsjø - Pastoralia

Jordsjø - Pastoralia

I really loved Nattfiolen, but I'm even happier with this new one, out very soon! Should be a favourite over the coming summer.

My review is here:

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/jord...ralia-karisma/
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Nice review. Thanks!

Cool! I have it on pre-order! I'm also looking forward to it!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Very nice.

Have you ever considered sending some of these recensions to the artists in question?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Have you ever considered sending some of these recensions to the artists in question?
    I prefer to only bore the folk at PE.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Listened to this one this afternoon. Very entertaining. A bit of Anglagard and early White Willow (the folk-influences) mix with relaxed jazz.

I prefer to only bore the folk at PE.
    But luckily, Jordsjø are a Norwegian band. They wouldn't take anything to heart except for the shame of not fulfilling or obliging. From my experience as both former musician and music-writer, artists here usually read -everything- about themselves, and they're mostly always glad about being recognized, especially by the bigger earth. No matter what. There's hardly any glamour of indulgence other than the vanity of expected eccentricity. To at least attempt to acknowledge the latter is to speak back at the Norwegian artistic voice, I believe. Non-eccentrics aren't received lightly up here.

You give good reviews, Progatron. There's both general perspective and subjective context in impressively (or surprisingly) little space of text, and most importantly there's actual argument as to momentum of impression. I really like reading them.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    You give good reviews, Progatron. There's both general perspective and subjective context in impressively (or surprisingly) little space of text, and most importantly there's actual argument as to momentum of impression. I really like reading them.
    Much appreciated!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Listened to this one this afternoon. Very entertaining. A bit of Anglagard and early White Willow (the folk-influences) mix with relaxed jazz.
    How did you listen to it? Review copy?
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Other than a couple of mp3s on Amazon, the usual suspects do not seem to have it posted yet .. at least on this side of the pond. There are the same two tracks on their bandcamp website.

https://jordsjo.bandcamp.com/album/pastoralia
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Norway is gonna bankrupt me. What a way to go.

More new music to look forward to. Yay Norway.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I indeed received a promotional copy from a German PR-group, called Creative Eclipse.

Listening to the tracks from bandcamp and of course it is an automatic buy, but this I knew even before. Just hope they provide the translations in the booklet, does anyone know this is the case? If not, perhaps our Norwegian friends can help there ...

Another great informative review Lornester.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Nice review.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Thanks guys!

PCMusic: Nope on the English lyrics. You're going to need to pay Scrotes a few hundred kroner to translate if you want to know what these chaps are on about.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I really loved Nattfiolen, but I'm even happier with this new one, out very soon! Should be a favourite over the coming summer.

My review is here:

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/jord...ralia-karisma/
    Good review, Lorne! As usual, I'm now even more looking forward to the release.
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Thanks guys!

PCMusic: Nope on the English lyrics. You're going to need to pay Scrotes a few hundred kroner to translate if you want to know what these chaps are on about.
    Thanks ... although, bummer about the lyrics. Still do not get it why bands are doing it, don't they want to be fully appreciated by anyone else but their natives? Do not get me wrong I prefer they sing in their native languages if they feel more comfortable, or if the English is to be butchered there, but at the same would love to know what they sing about ... even if it is some silly stuff.

About paying, what is the friendship for? Do not think "Scrotes" would even ask as it does not look there is a lot of it, although, these are only the two songs I have heard.
    In the worst case scenario, and if the lyrics is available somewhere, perhaps "uncle Google" would help with translation?

Pre-ordered the new one!

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Still do not get it why bands are doing it, don't they want to be fully appreciated by anyone else but their natives?
    Good point. I look forward to the next IQ album containing a lyrics translation into Norwegian.
    Infinite Ceiling on www.ckcufm.com every Thursday night at 8:30 with me or Mark Keill, archived shows: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/112/...tml?filter=all
    Electronic Meditation on www.ckcufm.com archived shows: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/462/...tml?filter=all

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    Good point. I look forward to the next IQ album containing a lyrics translation into Norwegian.
    Rather silly point. Are you saying we should all speak / use Norwegian? Interesting, I was not aware it is as popular as English.
    But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Pre-ordered the new one!
    Could you spill from where?

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Could you spill from where?
    Go to Lorne's review. There is a button at the bottom of his review with a link to the band's webite where you can pre-order the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Go to Lorne's review. There is a button at the bottom of his review with a link to the band's webite where you can pre-order the CD.
    Oh that one ... I've been there, but it is too expensive proposition if you want a physical copy. Not even the price for the CD, always like to support the artists directly if I can, but shipping costs from across the pond nowadays are the killer. Hate to pay for shipping almost as much as for the CD itself. Thanks anyway, seems it will have to wait till the vendors on this side of the pond will have it.