Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Beatles Get Back 2021

Beatles Get Back 2021

Popped up on my Youtube page this evening.. not sure if the 2021 is implying a release this year or not.. a bit different from the previous teaser they released last year.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vLYhvPUWbc

Says in theatres 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Says in theatres 2021.
    Yeah I posted link while I was watching the video.. end of video clearly states 2021

This video has been out for some time. Looks like a repost.

Can't wait!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Yes, it's the same video that was released in December, except with Peter Jackson's intro chopped off. According to Wikipedia, the fount of all knowledge, the movie is currently scheduled for a 27 August 2021 release. I hope that it's not delayed again.

Today I received an email from TheBeatles.com mailing list with, I think, very good news about Jackson's forthcoming Get Back documentary. It will be released as 3 two-hour episodes on Disney+. So, there's lots of material to look forward to this autumn.

https://www.thebeatles.com/news/%E2%...ut-exclusively

Will those of us who are not D+ subscribers get to see it in its entirety?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I hadn't thought that far along! I don't subscribe to Disney+ and I hope that I don't have to. On the one hand, I'm thrilled with the idea of going from around 2 to 6 hours of material. But, moving the output format from a feature film to a subscription-based TV special is a big change that could limit our ability to view this.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Will those of us who are not D+ subscribers get to see it in its entirety?
    Eventually, yes. If you want to see it on release day, you'll need Disney+ though, because that's what Iger paid for. We're still waiting to hear if there will be a theatric release, but I suspect there likely will be. Eventually there will also likely be some physical release of it that you can buy, complete with extras.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I hadn't thought that far along! I don't subscribe to Disney+ and I hope that I don't have to. On the one hand, I'm thrilled with the idea of going from around 2 to 6 hours of material. But, moving the output format from a feature film to a subscription-based TV special is a big change that could limit our ability to view this.
    I would be very surprised if a BluRay/DVD box version didn't appear not long after this is broadcast. They can't possibly expect every Beatles fan interested in the full 6-hour version to take a Disney subscription.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

It is also worth pointing out that we don't know if there will be an extra fee above the Disney+ subscription to view Get Back. Recent 'Premier Access' movies such as Mulin or Cruella have cost an additional one-time fee of $30 for access ahead of general channel release. I'd be fairly surprised if that isn't also the case with this film.

A Peter Jackson movie in Three parts......how novel!

Looking forward to it.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    It is also worth pointing out that we don't know if there will be an extra fee above the Disney+ subscription to view Get Back. Recent 'Premier Access' movies such as Mulin or Cruella have cost an additional one-time fee of $30 for access ahead of general channel release. I'd be fairly surprised if that isn't also the case with this film.
    Which leaves me wondering why someone would fork over $30 to see a movie before it's release date, I mean you can't wait?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Which leaves me wondering why someone would fork over $30 to see a movie before it's release date, I mean you can't wait?
    I think that's covered by the maxim: Live and let live
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

I would assume the theatrical version would be the 2 hour one - so you’re also paying for the additional 4 hours.

This is its release and you could say the same for forking over $15 per seat at the cinema. Disney+ started this as a means of recouping their production costs on movies that were impacted by the pandemic. They have released several movies as 'Premier Access' several months ahead of making them available on the general channel subscription. It's quite likely that Get Back will follow the same formula, and so if you want to see it 'before its release date' as in, before they make it available for home media sales or available as part of a general subscription sometime in 2022, then this will likely be how you will do so.

As John Lydon once sang, I could be wrong, I could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    They can't possibly expect every Beatles fan interested in the full 6-hour version to take a Disney subscription.
    Why can't they? I gather one reason for such exclusivity with Disney is to gain subscribers.

The eons are closing
    I agree with Gruno on this.

Disney only reports new subscribers not # of those who left.... so even if rabid Beatles fans subscribe for a month to oogle the documentary then unsubscribe - no big deal to Disney - that (misleading) # will make analysts happy and the shareholders too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

^^^^ Sorry to burst your balloon, but the "churn rate" of just about every subscription TV service is well documented by the media journals. The last one I saw for Disney + was 4.3 %. Not bad considering Apple TV was 15.8%. Netflix usually has the lowest "churn rate" at about 2 percent. 🗣

The D+ premier is October. This will certainly be widely available before the holiday season.

John Boegehold
    I would love to see this but have no intention of signing up for Disney + and since that'll be the exclusive streaming service, looks like I'm SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainforest View Post
    I would love to see this but have no intention of signing up for Disney + and since that'll be the exclusive streaming service, looks like I'm SOL.
    You will be able to see it elsewhere, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainforest View Post
    Certain dastardly and unscrupulous subscribers to the Mouse's channel have been known to share their password with friends. Just sayin'.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

John Boegehold
    Not likely it'll end up on another streaming service so it looks like the only other option will be physical media which I haven't bought in 10+ years. I'm obviously in the minority but I don't even own a DVD or BlueRay player haha. Hopefully when they release it on DVD it'll end up on iTunes so I can rent it like any other movie.

I think you'll be waiting a while for that. Disney isn't paying exclusivity fees just to have it available to everyone in a short time. As stated, the goal is to entice new subscribers. You're exactly who they're targeting.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally