Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Beatles Get Back 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I think you'll be waiting a while for that. Disney isn't paying exclusivity fees just to have it available to everyone in a short time. As stated, the goal is to entice new subscribers. You're exactly who they're targeting.
    I was actually referring to non-streaming availability, but I wasn't clear.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I was actually referring to non-streaming availability, but I wasn't clear.
    Right. I know you were. That's what I was addressing.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Right. I know you were. That's what I was addressing.
    It would be absolutely insane if they did not make this available for purchase before the holidays. I fully expect them to. But, yes, Disney has to get their piece of the pie first.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Does anyone know if this is going to be released in theaters? I seem to find conflicting information.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Does anyone know if this is going to be released in theaters? I seem to find conflicting information.
    I'm just guessing, but perhaps with the pandemic still active in some areas of the world, releasing it to theaters before folks feel back to normal, might not be financially rewarding enough.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Isn't Disney + about $10 per month?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Isn't Disney + about $10 per month?
    Less than that.

You could sign up for a month and watch the thing and then cancel. I'm not convinced that there will be a premium fee on top the subscription. Disney usually only does that on movies that were going to be theatrically released. At 6 hours now I doubt that it's even a consideration. But hey, what do I know?

Former Beatles aide Tony Bramwell posted on Facebook that a 5-disc "Let It Be" box is coming Oct. 15. Official announcement expected in a couple of weeks.

Former Beatles aide Tony Bramwell posted on Facebook that a 5-disc "Let It Be" box is coming Oct. 15. Official announcement expected in a couple of weeks.
    That is GREAT NEWS!! thank you.
    Not a Disney streaming subscriber.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

It would be absolutely insane if they did not make this available for purchase before the holidays. I fully expect them to. But, yes, Disney has to get their piece of the pie first.
    Has any "Disney+" exclusive ever been subsequently released on DVD? I know none of the Marvel or Star Wars shows were (except for crappy bootlegs).

Wonderful new trailer

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It’s on Spotify now.

I really wish they would have released this in theaters as it would be cool to see on a big screen with theater sound. Oh well, we don't have Disney Plus so not sure when I will get to see it.

I really wish they would have released this in theaters as it would be cool to see on a big screen with theater sound. Oh well, we don't have Disney Plus so not sure when I will get to see it.
    Well, there's a plus and a minus. Now that it's not in theaters, it's in three parts, which, I guess, means it's longer. There's no reason to assume it won't get worldwide DVD/BR release once Disney gets a return on their investment.

Its 7.99 for one month, then cancel. Cheaper than seeing it in the cinema.

Most of these streaming services also have free 7-day trials. Not sure if Disney will suspend that upon the initial release.

My mom mentioned this to me earlier today. Apparently it's going to be on the Disney channel around Thanksgiving time.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    My mom mentioned this to me earlier today. Apparently it's going to be on the Disney channel around Thanksgiving time.
    Disney+, not the regular Disney Channel.

I was kinda indifferent on this whole thing. I like the Beatles, but I'm not a superfan, or anything.

Then I watched the trailer. Can't wait for this, now.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

That's what I did with the Sir Paul/Rick Rubin doc on hulu which was a free trial.

Other than that hulu kinda sucks. I'll gladly pay 8 bucks to see the new Beatles flick.

The eons are closing
    rrrrr-ouch
    That's kinda painful....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Saw the 60 Minutes piece on this last night. The clips kinda don't agree with what we saw in Let It Be and Jackson does say that he had to tell Paul and Ringo that the video doesn't align with their views of those last days. Didn't say what their response was.

Whatever is there, I wanna see it. I really don't care about who was right or wrong just let me see this document of history. I don't think Jackson has some bias so I think it will be fair to all.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Saw the 60 Minutes piece on this last night. The clips kinda don't agree with what we saw in Let It Be and Jackson does say that he had to tell Paul and Ringo that the video doesn't align with their views of those last days. Didn't say what their response was.

Whatever is there, I wanna see it. I really don't care about who was right or wrong just let me see this document of history. I don't think Jackson has some bias so I think it will be fair to all.
    Which 60 min piece ?