Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Footage - Genesis Live in Bataclan France

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    his vocal on RPWL's "Roses" was outstanding.
    Completely agree.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I agree he's good, but IMO he's best within a certain range. That said, his vocal on RPWL's "Roses" was outstanding.
    I think Wilson's very good on songs that displayed Gabriel's lower register, like Carpet Crawlers or The Lamb. A complete version of Firth of Fifth would have sounded fine too (they only did the instrumental part on the tour AFAIK).
    I like the 1998 Katowice concert that's available online. It's a fine setlist. Wilson had big shoes to fill obviously, and he did a convincing job, although the whole thing didn't really have time to gel. At least the Calling All Stations songs sound fuller, more complete live.

More footage, this time from Vienna, 1978. Been up for a few days...I don't think anyone's posted it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    More footage, this time from Vienna, 1978. Been up for a few days...I don't think anyone's posted it elsewhere.

Steve is already gone at this point. Sad. Pretty good version of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post

I wonder i fthere's no more of that show in existence. Was hoping we'd get to see the mirrors in action, but no such luck (or was this after they stopped using them?).