Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cycling 2013 (no Armstrong please)

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    How are the Brits doing these days?
    Froome Wins Romandy Tour Prologue

Chris Froome (Sky) has taken the early lead in the Tour of Romandy. The Briton powered through the uphill, 7.45-km time trial course from La Chable to Bruson in 13:15.59. Andrew Talansky (Garmin-Sharp) finished second at 0:06, and Robert Kiserlovski (RadioShack-Leopard) took third at 0:13.

http://www.roadcycling.com/news-resu...-tour-prologue
    Regards,

Duncan

One week into Il Giro D'Italia...

Wiggins hasn't had much luck, but under the rain, he doesn't look so good either...

I don't think Hesjedal will be running for the pink anymore, but then again, I don't believe in Cadell Evans either, though he's in a good place so far....

Wiggins (stronger team) vs Nibali (homer advantage)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

First Columbian mountain stage win (only the first that I can foresee)

Uran is Wiggins' teammate, but he's stronger than him (as was Froome last tdf) and is now ahead of him... Wiggins lost again time... but Nibali will have to shake away Cadell "Kling-on" Evans from his arse, if he wants to win the Giro

BTW: Hesjedal was nuked yesterday 25 mins
    Last edited by Trane; 05-15-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

We don't see the Giro here - no TV coverage So I'll just have to get out and actually ride, myself

32 miles / 52km tonight. Here's the ride descruption from the WNBR web site:

One of the hilliest and most beautiful rides of the year.
    The long ride takes you up and down two Dane County
    landmarks known collectively as the Blue Mounds.
    Don't let the word 'hill' deter you - it's worth it!

Where else can you find a 4 mile downhill?

Or Ryan road where you can almost hit 50 mph?

Last edited by Duncan Glenday; 05-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    We don't see the Giro here - no TV coverage
    On the other hand, the Tour of California is on right now - this is the event where Peter Sagan first made an impression on the cycling scene last year, by winning 5 of the 8 events (although he was far from a GC win). He's here again, and is fun to watch (and like all winners, he rides a Cannondale ).

The event runs fron last Sunday, to this Sunday (May 12 to 19).
    Regards,

Duncan

Wadditelya??? Wiggins and Hesjedal both went out.... Sure the bad weather is partly responsible, but it snows on the whole pack, not just ion those two

I'm repeating myself

Nibali vs.... No-one....

Eventually Uran will come close, ,but Columbians and snowy conditions...

Nibali vs.... no-one, I said, right??

Kling-on Evans is more than 4 minutes away.... and could loose the second spot to Columbian Uran

Nibali litteraly flew over the last stages, winning two more stages and leaving everyone over 4 minutes.. Uran is second, Evans third

I don't see how Wiggins is going to play (as announced) second fiddle to Froome in the TdF

Nibali wins.

Why TF couldn't he perform that way when he was with Cannondale?
    Regards,

Duncan

Wiggins won't be going to the TdF, thus defusing a potential bomb within his team Sky

The Dauphiné Libéré started yesterday with a young Québécois winner of the first stage... this is the one-week stage-race that borrows some of the tdF mountains used in 5 weeks time...

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Nibali wins.

Why TF couldn't he perform that way when he was with Cannondale?
    maybe he was off the pills

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Wiggins won't be going to the TdF, thus defusing a potential bomb within his team Sky
    Yep - I'm sure there would have been a real leadership struggle!

The Dauphiné Libéré started yesterday with a young Québécois winner of the first stage... this is the one-week stage-race that borrows some of the tdF mountains used in 5 weeks time...
    I fell asleep while watching this does that disqualify me from watching the next few stages? LOL

(My excuse is that I rode 3 hard training rides this weekend.)
    Regards,

Duncan

Well frooome won that one bDauphiné race without much acontest... but the Spaniards are getting ready (Rodriguez, Contador, S Sanchez and Valverde)... though i only believe in Contador

Saturday started the Tour Of Switzerland with a prologue, the ultimate stage race before the FdF

Friday's stage and sunday's uphill time trial will decide the outcome

Hesjedal, Kreuzinger, Sagan, Scarponi, Gilbert and Van Garderen are the bigger names... but Ryder and teeJay seem to be the only names worthy of the final victory

OK

TdF started today, with an doped Aussie bus crossing the line first...

LOL - that bus incident was a complete clusterf**k !
    Regards,

Duncan

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Bizarre finish, bus stuck at the line with the peloton 8 min out, big crash and everyone wondering where their sprinters were. That could have been really odd, I was kind of sad they got the bus out of the way
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

BTW - I competed in a race 2 weekends ago. Came 26th out of 310 in all age groups, did about 480km at a moving average of 29.5km/h. This was the National 24-Hour Championship.

Here's the part of the ride that was recorded before my Garmin's battery died on me: http://app.strava.com/activities/60917572

And our friend Dana5410 just finished a tough week-long 500-mile (800 km) ride, completing the last 100km stage at a moving average of 31km/h
    Regards,

Duncan

Corsica is such a beautiful place... hopefully today's stage (which I most likely won't see) will have as suiperb sceneies and landscapes...

==================

As for my Scott mountainbike, it's in the cellar in Brussels (nowhere else to put it)... I use a heavy and uncontrollable Dutch city bike in North Holland (if you have a nice one, you'll get it stolen >> second national sport after evading taxes)... I use it mainly to do errants

Just watched todays sprint. I hope Cavendish gets suspended. What an asshole. No matter how big he is; this is completely unacceptable.

He even dares to claim that 'he didn't do it on purpose' and that 'he held his line'. Yeah right; we're all blind fools.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Just watched todays sprint. I hope Cavendish gets suspended. What an asshole. No matter how big he is; this is completely unacceptable.

He even dares to claim that 'he didn't do it on purpose' and that 'he held his line'. Yeah right; we're all blind fools.
    give us more background info

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post

Well I did see the sprint and the helicopter replay... The guy who wobbles out of line is the one who falls... but yeah, that was one hell of of an shoulder butt...

(btw: never liked "Cav")

Well I did see the sprint and the helicopter replay... The guy who wobbles out of line is the one who falls... but yeah, that was one hell of of an shoulder butt...

(btw: never liked "Cav")
    Yeah the contact was heavy but not something that is unexpected for those guys.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I didn't think Cav did all that much wrong to be honest, the other guy slowed down & changed line, there was bumping but it was nothing like the headbut the other year.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

To me this was a fully intentional shoulder charge. You clearly see him turn his shoulder for impact. Tom Veelers did go a little bit to the right, but not much. Of course he was happy to black Cavendish a bit but thats all in the game. There was room enough to pass.

Cav put himself in the wrong position. Greipel and KIttel were starting their sprint on the left side of the road. Cav wanted to catch their wheel but couldn't; Veelers was in the way. So BAM!!..and Veelers was out of the way. It was an act of sheer fustration with which he could have caused serious injury to one of his colleagues.