Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P Clive Burr

Nicko is a badass but I'd put Number of The Beast up against anything that came after.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Kinda fitting that he passed away at the Ides Of March.

RIP Clive.
    I find it in bad taste to make a joke with a smiley face after when talking about someone dying.

The eons are closing
    ^
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Nicko is a badass but I'd put Number of The Beast up against anything that came after.
    and Killers, for that matter! Apparently Clive Burr tried out for Sabbath when they got Vinnie Appice. Not sure why Clive didn't get the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I find it in bad taste to make a joke with a smiley face after when talking about someone dying.
    How was that in bad taste? It seems Clive was being honored with that comment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    How was that in bad taste? It seems Clive was being honored with that comment.
    Ha ha, your funny. "My comment is good because I was able to work an Iron Maiden song title into it". I do find it funny at all. Clive had a terrible disease for many years, and it's just plain sad that he had to suffer for so long, and he was broke when he was first diagnosed. Luckily, his friends came to his aid to establish Clive Aid. R.I.P, Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Ha ha, your funny. "My comment is good because I was able to work an Iron Maiden song title into it". I do find it funny at all. Clive had a terrible disease for many years, and it's just plain sad that he had to suffer for so long, and he was broke when he was first diagnosed. Luckily, his friends came to his aid to establish Clive Aid. R.I.P, Clive.
    It wasn't my comment. But I don't see what was wrong with what was said at all.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Agreed! I love the intro to Gangland...