Thread: Yochk'o Seffer Interview from 1978 in WaPo

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Yochk'o Seffer Interview from 1978 in WaPo

I'm listening to Yochk'o Seffer's 1978 album Ghilgoul, and on a Google search this short but interesting 1978 interview in the Washington Post came up. I didn't know anything about him - not even that he's Hungarian. This interview/article hints at more questions than it answers, but it could be a good jumping off point, as I'd like to know more about the US tour and his life than is covered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-c3860c4de5bf/

(I didn't hit a paywall, but if you do let me know and I can probably manage to post the text here.) Ghilgoul is great! I had an unopened CD, so finally cracked it open! I like it much more than Zao, I think because the drummer is so excellent, also the strings.
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Boy, I sure wish I had all 8 of those records Magma recorded between 1970-73!

Man, if he was 39 in 1978, he's 82 now!
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

He also played with the Muffins when he came to DC.

and YES, Ghigoul is a GREAT album.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.