Thread: Major Parkinson - Major Parkinson

Major Parkinson - Major Parkinson

cover.jpg
    Norway, 2008.
    Another band from this exquisite country musically speaking. Representing its borderline genre, its Tom Waits singing alike (sometimes featuring female voices), its punk mimics, and the guitarist big hat e.g. à la Frank Carducci, all the attractive songs from the debut album - obviously 100% from any album of theirs, counting numerous favs - if not hits - from #8 Sanity fair up till the ending track - cast this special spell like dEUS did. It turns out bands like this are utterly enjoyed by prog rock fans, as funny songs tends to be intricately amusing ones with a couple of deeply nice parts here and there. Actually, this album - and the others - just will be enjoyed by any music fan.
    Last edited by Naytheet; 03-22-2021 at 02:36 AM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytheet View Post
    cover.jpg
    ����, 2008.
    Another band from this exquisite country musically speaking. Representing its borderline genre, its Tom Waits singing alike (sometimes featuring female voices), its punk mimics, and the guitarist big hat e.g. à la Frank Carducci, all the attractive songs from the debut album - obviously 100% from any album of theirs, counting numerous favs - if not hits - from #8 Sanity fair up till the ending track - cast this special spell like dEUS does/did. It turns out bands like this are utterly enjoyed by prog rock fans, as funny songs tends to be intricately amusing ones with a couple of deeply nice parts here and there. Actually, this album - and the others - just will be enjoyed by any music fan.
    What country? I always thought Pessac was Passaic (New Jersey) mispelled! And who is dEUS?

probably the album of theirs I've listened to the least, but it's still got its moments.

Have not heard this album; I like their other albums.
    Last edited by Crawford Glissadevil; 03-21-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What country? I always thought Pessac was Passaic (New Jersey) mispelled! And who is dEUS?
    https://goo.gl/maps/jLgxCGuvCH4bmCgJ6