Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Very First CD Purchase

The first two I bought, together with my first cd player, were Pink Floyd, a momentary lapse of reason and Talk Talk, the colour of Spring.

Kitaro - Oasis I think in 1986
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoise View Post
    I bought Invisible Touch in 1986 at Lechmere the day before I bought my first CD player.
    I bought quite a bit of my vinyl at Lechmere in Dedham when I was a teenager. The record department was run by an older guy who had no idea about rock music. I can recall things like Jethro Tull being in the T section. They used to stack up the better-selling stuff on tables in the front of the department instead of in the bins. I picked up a copy of Hot Rocks there, and found out years later it's the recalled "Shelley" version with the alternate Brown Sugar and Wild Horses on it.

Ozric Tentacles Erpland in 1990. Upon release, I couldn't find the vinyl anywhere in Belgium where I was living at the times. So I bought the CD and a Hi-Fi CD player (to listen to it) as well.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Triumvirat (Spartacus, Illusions, and Mediteranean Tales) in a single batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post
    Quite a triumphant trifecta there, for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post
    Spartacus and Old Loves were 2 of the first three I bought, as part of my vinyl reawakening in the mid to late 2000s. The third being Focus 3.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama