Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morsefest 2021 - October 8th & October 9th - Live VIP**: $899 ($999 after 2 weeks)

Morsefest 2021 - October 8th & October 9th - Live VIP**: $899 ($999 after 2 weeks)

FROM NEAL MORSE:

In 2020 we were in Lockdown… but it’s 2021 and it’s time for Morsefest 2021: Renewal! I am so excited to announce that on Friday, March 26th at 9:00 AM CDT, tickets will go on sale for this year’s Morsefest. On Friday, October 8th and Saturday, October 9th, The Neal Morse Band will be playing two amazing shows! The setlist is a closely-guarded secret but I can tell you that it will include a chance to hear the live premieres of songs from the new NMB album, which will be released later this year.

We will be having both an in-person and an online event so as many of you can join us as possible. There will be 50 VIP and 150 regular double show tickets for people who would like to attend in person in Tennessee. If you can’t make the trip, you can see the stream of both shows in the comfort of your own home! Those of you who attended online last year will know that we were able to have a brilliant audio and video experience, and this year will be even better! We have an early sign-up discount on the Virtual Two Show, Virtual VIP, and Live Double Show tickets for the first two weeks – so get signed up early! We expect that the in-person tickets will sell quickly, so do make sure you secure yours. All the details are below and look out for the ticket link next week!

God bless you,

Neal

Live VIP**: $899 ($999 after 2 weeks)

Only 50 tickets available (due to expected attendance restrictions)
    VIPs will spend the afternoon and evening in the venue, with full facilities
    Your chance to be in the audience for both shows!
    Attendance at the band commentary sessions during the live streams on Friday and Saturday evening.
    You will also be able to purchase merch onsite, as well as the special online merch deals.
    VIP Merch Bag including exclusive Morsefest VIP t-shirt, VIP lanyard, poster and other surprises
    Free copy of the live video of both shows
    VIP games and Q&A on both days
    Dinner each evening and snacks throughout the day
    Entry to Inner Circle Concert

Live Double-Show Ticket: $250 ($300 after 2 weeks)

Only 150 tickets available (due to expected attendance restrictions)
    Your chance to be in the audience for both shows!
    You will also be able to purchase merch onsite and buy the live video of both shows as well as the special online merch deals.
    ** Please note to facilitate the live stream, the shows will take place in the afternoon. Double-Show ticket holders will able to be access the venue beforehand to buy merch and for the duration of the shows. Due to expected attendance restrictions and meeting social distancing requirements, we don’t expect to be able to offer catering or the ability to access the building at other times at this ticket level.

Virtual VIP: $175 ($199 after 2 weeks)

Front row seats (on your couch!) to attend the virtual concert on Friday and Saturday nights
    Live online VIP game and Q&A on both days
    VIP Merch Bag including Morsefest VIP t-shirt, VIP lanyard, poster and other surprises (this will be shipped to you in advance of the event)
    Free copy of the live video of both shows - only available to ticketholders
    Access to private Morsefest web portal, behind the scenes live video, special merch deals and other cool stuff!

Virtual Double-Show Tickets: $60 ($75 after 2 weeks)

Front row seats (on your couch!) to attend the virtual concert on Friday and Saturday nights
    Opportunity to purchase an exclusive Morsefest release and other merch
    Opportunity to purchase the live video of both shows - only available to ticketholders
    Access to private Morsefest web portal, special merch deals and other cool stuff!
    Last edited by rickm; 03-19-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The prices are ridiculous.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

God Ble$$
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    The prices are ridiculous.
    $150 per show after first two weeks! I remember once passing on Tull tix that were $85 and thinking that outrageous. And this is a neo-Prog show (and I LIKE neo-Prog!)
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Funny how they advertise... hey pay more so that you can even spend more:

"Opportunity to purchase an exclusive Morsefest release and other merch
    Opportunity to purchase the live video of both shows - only available to ticketholders
    Access to private Morsefest web portal, special merch deals and other cool stuff!"

Every year they go higher on prices. It seems as they realize they are getting a broader audience they also realize they can charge even more... weird way to think to me but probably not wrong for them.
    I would think if they are getting more people then they should be able to cover easily their expenses with no need for higher prices... but it seems does not how it works.
    I'm probably wrong (I guess so) but this sounds to me like there is a machinery behind thinking how to get more money. Probably this is not wrong, this is their job and need a way of living as any of us, and it is not just five people there is more people behind. So probably not fair to criticize.

The most important to me is that I like the band music.
    Last edited by rickm; 03-20-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Funny how they advertise... hey pay more so that you can even spend more:

"Opportunity to purchase an exclusive Morsefest release and other merch
    Access to private Morsefest web portal, special merch deals and other cool stuff!"

Every year they go higher on prices. It seems as they realize they are getting a broader audience they also realize they can charge even more... weird way to think to me but probably not wrong for them.
    I would think if they are getting more people then they should be able to cover easily their expenses with no need for higher prices... but it seems does not how it works.
    I'm probably wrong (I guess so) but this sounds to me like there is a machinery behind thinking how to get more money. Probably this is not wrong, this is their job and need a way of living as any of us, and it is not just five people there is more people behind. So probably not fair to criticize.

The most important to me is that I like the band music.
    Religion may not solve all your problems, like noted theologist George Carlin has said it works 50% of the time (coin flip), maybe, but it's always been 100% effective shaking the shekels loose, Amen.

Fantastic that they're doing this! I'm hopeful that I'll be able to go in person this year, might be my only live concert of 2021.

These comments are what's ridiculous. It'd be nice to see supportive comments but no, just the predictable snarky jabs at how dare a musician fleece their audience. Must be the religious influence...yeah, that must be it.

Come on, get real. It's been over a year since hardly any band has been able to play an in-person concert, and most bands seem to be waiting until 2022 to start up again. So, just on that front alone, it would make sense if bands in general charge more for their small concerts to try to (somewhat) make up for a year or two of lost income.

But that's not even the case here. They're selling about 1/4 or 1/5 of the usual # of in-person tickets available at a Morsefest, due to COVID, so of course the limited tickets are going to have a premium price. Hopefully the virtual ticket sales will help make up much of the difference. On the expense side, they are going all-in as much as every other year, so they're spending just as much but having a fraction of the in-person tickets available. $250 for two big concerts in these circumstances, available for only 150 people (I'm quoting the regular admission prices)...sounds reasonable to me. It won't be accessible to everyone but then again there's only room for a small percentage of the usual amount of people. Also, aside from last year which was the first COVID year, the prices have not really gone much higher each year, I'm pretty sure they stayed pretty consistent most years.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    Fantastic that they're doing this! I'm hopeful that I'll be able to go in person this year, might be my only live concert of 2021.

These comments are what's ridiculous. It'd be nice to see supportive comments but no, just the predictable snarky jabs at how dare a musician fleece their audience. Must be the religious influence...yeah, that must be it.

Come on, get real. It's been over a year since hardly any band has been able to play an in-person concert, and most bands seem to be waiting until 2022 to start up again. So, just on that front alone, it would make sense if bands in general charge more for their small concerts to try to (somewhat) make up for a year or two of lost income.

But that's not even the case here. They're selling about 1/4 or 1/5 of the usual # of in-person tickets available at a Morsefest, due to COVID, so of course the limited tickets are going to have a premium price. Hopefully the virtual ticket sales will help make up much of the difference. On the expense side, they are going all-in as much as every other year, so they're spending just as much but having a fraction of the in-person tickets available. $250 for two big concerts in these circumstances, available for only 150 people (I'm quoting the regular admission prices)...sounds reasonable to me. It won't be accessible to everyone but then again there's only room for a small percentage of the usual amount of people. Also, aside from last year which was the first COVID year, the prices have not really gone much higher each year, I'm pretty sure they stayed pretty consistent most years.
    Not trying to be negative as you mentioned, that's not the intention (at least mine). We were just discussing how this is being advertised and the prices scheme which are getting higher each time and here is a consistency over the years. But is not just only them, see how much expensive Roger Waters tickets are.

I don't know the numbers for the 2020 virtual live but more than 200 people were online plus a bunch of the VIP premiun on site (those were $1199). So I presume those shows were great in terms of $$ thought not sure. I wil lpresume since they are doing it again plus open the floor to more people.

About the religion, I do not have anything to say about it and does not bother me, I care about the music and I do not pay attention to that so it's not a big problem for me.
    I support the band as much as I can, and I'm really excited knowing about the plans for these shows. I would love to go to see them live but not sure yet due the pandemic and how this will develop in the following months, so if not going then sure I will watch them online.

I like Neal Morse and the NMB, I could be wrong with my statements but this is the forum for.
    Thanks.

I guess this raises an interesting question: Is it okay for bands to charge more, because Covid has affected their income? The answer might be yes to some, but let's not forget that a lot of people who might buy these tickets have also had their income affected, so likely don't have as much disposable money, as they are used to having. I don't think there are any easy answers. It's probably more of the high end price packages that are getting eyebrows raised. Who knows what things will be like for both bands and venues, if we ever get back to some semblance of normal.

neil
    Last edited by boilk; 03-21-2021 at 07:46 PM.

ScottAM I agree 100%.

This was my quote from the Morsefest 2014 announcement thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Hey, if someone wants to pay for it, why not?

This fest is a great thing for fans of Neal Morse. A lot of acts should do something like this. Some prog bands complain that the $$ is not there, but they need to also think outside the box a bit more and consider hosting their own events such as this one. Make it an interactive event and spend as much time with the fans as possible. I know Marillion does something like that, but more should attempt that.
    I still hold true to my words. I think it's great an artist provides an opportunity as this. It is also entirely their right to charge whatever dollar amount they choose. I will always hold true to that. The audience has a right to say NO.

From my vantage point, Morse gets slagged a ton more than Marillion do for their weekend fests. Why?

Morse is setting his own standard of living. It doesn't matter what anyone says here or anywhere else. All he needs are the pre-determined numbers to purchase his ticket & viewing plans. He knows the general sales numbers he will get per product after all these years.

I know some have issue with the religion aspect where it mixes with common moral views and then factor in the music business. Morse's announcements are often likened to that of a carnival barker; announcements laced with tantalizing nibbles to entice the audience to 'buy tickets now' which indicates a possible rush of other fans to buy tickets now, which means one may miss out if all tickets are sold. Fear Of Missing Out. FOMO is real. The announcement reminds the reader about what they may have missed out on the previous year. FOMO.

Morse pushing his religion alongside his business is what I think rubs people the wrong way as many see Morse as a type of used car sales man with his approach. Does he sound sincere? Does his message sound genuine and from his heart? Huge divide in answers is what I have seen. I suppose Morse is the only one who can answer, and even then how many would believe him at this point? He has to make a living and he does have a strong fanbase that supports his efforts. It sort of doesn't matter what detractors say.

What I really wanted to say....

Morse pushing his religion alongside his business is what I think rubs people the wrong way as many see Morse as a type of used car sales man with his approach. Does he sound sincere? Does his message sound genuine and from his heart? Well, for $29.99 you can now find out if Neal Morse is sincerely genuine! Order within the next 2 weeks and this free piece of freeness is all yours. Orders after two weeks will miss out on nothing except missing out on ordering earlier so don't miss out!!

coming soon... Sincerely Genuine Making Of DVD, Sincerely Genuine Showercam DVD (includes Roine Drop-De-Soap Mix), and more....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

You're right - I'll wait until next year when the prices go back down to normal. Seriously, though, I too have no comment on the religious aspect. I don't think that has anything to do with this thread.
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You're right - I'll wait until next year when the prices go back down to normal. Seriously, though, I too have no comment on the religious aspect. I don't think that has anything to do with this thread.
    I don't know if you've been to one (I have twice now), the concert is in a church and the "Praise God"s and "Thank you Jesus"s flow freely from stage and attendee alike, it's part rock concert part church revival, the music and religion are intertwined to the point that you're not sure what the event is supposed to be actually. My wife and I befriended a Pastor who has some religious cred at the venue, we were looking forward to hanging out with him and his wife (I'm Jewish, my wife Puerto Rican), we talked about it for a year, when we finally got there what we expected didn't materialize, what we got was the cold shoulder which hit us like a ton of bricks, I mean we felt that the expectation to appear to be Super-Christian overcame the guy (he was the de-facto Mayor of Morsefest), he just couldn't be seen hanging with riff raff, it made us feel horrible and we will never go back. Best part of it is my wife is a Christian too but maybe not the exact type worthy of admission if you get my drift. Religion has nothing to do with it? Couldn't be further from the truth, it has everything to do with it and more. From now on I'll see Neal when he comes to visit NYC, forking over $ for airfare, transportation, lodging, food etc to then pay for a show where you're made to feel an outsider who wandered into a religious revival and aren't welcome, pass. Of course if you're a Bible -thumping Christian you might just have a blast, knock yourself out.
    Last edited by BarryLI; 03-22-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    God Ble$$
    I sincerely apologize for making this comment. My finger must have hit the wrong key.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Considering that Steven Wilson just cancelled his tour, I wouldn't be too eager to part with this kind of money for an event in 2021.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I wish I was in a better financial situation or else I would be there like bear...
    Prog's Not Dead

Morse pushing his religion alongside his business is what I think rubs people the wrong way as many see Morse as a type of used car sales man with his approach. Does he sound sincere? Does his message sound genuine and from his heart? Huge divide in answers is what I have seen. I suppose Morse is the only one who can answer, and even then how many would believe him at this point? He has to make a living and he does have a strong fanbase that supports his efforts. It sort of doesn't matter what detractors say.

A well-reasoned overview, Gruno (from 2014 and current). And I understand why the Christian aspect of Morse's career has a mixed impact on fans. However, I don't know that "sincere" and "genuine" would be the right word here to be in question. There's few rock musicians I've met more sincere than Neal, as well as humble. And obviously his message is from the heart...who wears their heart on their sleeve more than Neal?

Barry, I'm sorry to hear of your experience, man. It was a delight for me to meet you there (at the rental car counter, I think). As a non-Christian myself, I've never really had an issue with the religious fervor that some experience at MF. If that's their focus of spirit, then it makes sense that they find meaning in that aspect at MF. But there are a huge number of MF attendees who are not Christian and equally love the event, such as myself. However, spirituality is an important focus in my life, so I enjoy feeling the uplifting vibe of the event, even if I don't have Jesus as a focal point personally.

Regarding Steven Wilson's cancelled tour, I think that just goes more to my point: it's a gamble booking an in-person concert event in this climate, so charging prices which make it viable for the producers/musicians/crew is essential. Unless things go upside down in the coming months, I would think MF will happen. Steven himself said he could likely have done UK shows, but the European shows were more of the question (expensive visas thanks to Brexit likely also plays into that). Things are currently much better in the US than Europe, so I think MF is in pretty good shape as a one-off show that only has to sell 200 in-person tickets and has the virtual option (which Steven's didn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Considering that Steven Wilson just cancelled his tour, I wouldn't be too eager to part with this kind of money for an event in 2021.
    We were in a pandemic in 2020 but that didn't stop Morsefest 2020 from happening in September.

A well-reasoned overview, Gruno (from 2014 and current). And I understand why the Christian aspect of Morse's career has a mixed impact on fans. However, I don't know that "sincere" and "genuine" would be the right word here to be in question. There's few rock musicians I've met more sincere than Neal, as well as humble. And obviously his message is from the heart...who wears their heart on their sleeve more than Neal?
    It seems we have very different experiences. I do not know your relationship with Morse to know the history of involvement. My outlook comes from the business side, much of which I choose not to discuss in detail as others would need to be involved and I rather not pull them into the fray. I am just not a fan of contradictions and when I witness too many firsthand, then hear of others experiencing the same, it starts adding up.

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    I wonder what the prices would be for a completely secular show?
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Why is everyone getting so crazed about the prices here? I think that $8.99/9.99 is a real bargain and practically a steal for all of that VIP stuff.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I wonder what the prices would be for a completely secular show?
    It's a Covid thing. Fifteen percent occupancy forces price inflation. I expect prices for concerts to triple and quadruple.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    It's a Covid thing. Fifteen percent occupancy forces price inflation. I expect prices for concerts to triple and quadruple.
    And never go back down again.

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    More power to those who are willing to pay such prices. Whatever the market will bear and all that.
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.