Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Van_Rush_len?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    You may be joking, but I actually agree that IF they play together again they might want to take advantage of their status and satisfy the "If you could work with any drummer, who would that be?" options. Stylistic synergy be damned.
    Only half-joking, actually. More to see reactions here.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

So who's gonna broach the subject of the vocals?

^ Rush stayed the course with the three man lineup despite the challenges of performing some material live. I think their longevity and the fact that they remained friends proves that this was a wise decision.
    For an ongoing Lee/Lifeson collaboration the guys have the option to work with any number of additional performers besides a drummer. If their intention is to play live (which I believe would be the case) and if they also intend to include Rush material (likely) then they could add someone like multi-instrumentalist/vocalist Tyler Warren (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD5Xo1Tkh4U&t=900s - recently on tour with Queen + Adam Lambert) to play and step in as singer where needed.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

Charlie Benante:

"One year ago I had this idea to make a video while in quarantine. I was feeling pretty down about the passing of Neil Peart and about the Pandemic...I needed to be creative and play! I contacted Alex and Ra about doing a Rush song and video and they both liked the idea. I felt that they were probably feeling the same way I was, and that this would be a great way of jamming and entertaining while we were stuck home. The response to the initial video was overwhelming! It really made us feel good during a bad time. A whole year ago...I cant believe it! It ended up being a year of making music and videos after all; I now have a record that's coming out May 14 with most of the Jams. The Rush songs will be out on a special EP on Record store day in November. This song will be included on that. Subdivisions is probably in every Rush fan’s top 10 songs, definitely one of their best. The keyboards dominate this tune and Neil's sound on it is so unique! His drum fills are so precise and powerful...like little hooks throughout the song, an air drummer’s dream! The lyrics tell a tale of life in the burbs and being shunned when you don't meet a certain standard.

Subdivisions
    In the high school halls
    In the shopping malls
    Conform or be cast out!

Alex Skolnick Ra @brandon bring it big time - Alex captures Lifeson’s vibe so well, Ra kills Geddy’s bass parts and Brandon brings his amazing voice. We’d like to welcome @meeeun ,(Thanks to Alex for the suggestion), she is an awesome musician and kills the keyboards parts on this. I hope you enjoy this one, It may be one of the last ones for a bit...unless Alex wants to do that Emerson lake and palmer tune ( hahahahaha)"

Rush is dead. They had a great run and went out on a high note. Moving on...

I'd love to see them step away from the power trio format and just use their freedom to do whatever they want. I've had this stupid fantasy of Alex and Ged teaming up with the FM guys - Martin Deller on drums, Ben Mink on fiddle, mando, and guitar, Cam Hawkins on keys, vocals (man, does he still have it!), and even additional bass for some of that MFH stuff. Realistically not going to happen with those specific folks, but the general idea has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Charlie Benante:

I like that they did a very respectful version of this and not some wankery thing that a lot of metal dudes like to do.

Apparently Benante is a fan, Anthrax did a nice job with this one.

The eons are closing
    I'd love to see them step away from the power trio format and just use their freedom to do whatever they want.
    this - but with Brian Tichy and Derek Sherinian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    this - but with Brian Tichy and Derek Sherinian
    Derek's new CD The Phoenix is pretty freakin' good!

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post

I'd love to see them step away from the power trio format and just use their freedom to do whatever they want. I've had this stupid fantasy of Alex and Ged teaming up with the FM guys - Martin Deller on drums, Ben Mink on fiddle, mando, and guitar, Cam Hawkins on keys, vocals (man, does he still have it!), and even additional bass for some of that MFH stuff. Realistically not going to happen with those specific folks, but the general idea has potential.
    Sounds like an interesting combination. To bad it is probably just a kind of dream.

Derek's new CD The Phoenix is pretty freakin' good!
    I need to check that one out again. I love Oceana, but I seem to recall the new one being more "shreddy" and less interesting song-wise.

I need to check that one out again. I love Oceana, but I seem to recall the new one being more "shreddy" and less interesting song-wise.
    There's some shredding on it, but he shifts gears.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar

I'd love to see them step away from the power trio format dand just use their freedom to do whatever they want. I've had this stupid fantasy of Alex and Ged teaming up with the FM guys - Martin Deller on drums, Ben Mink on fiddle, mando, and guitar, Cam Hawkins on keys, vocals (man, does he still have it!), and even additional bass for some of that MFH stuff. Realistically not going to happen with those specific folks, but the general idea has potential.
    Also, Marty lives in Denmark now.
    Chad

This is the direction they're going in.

There's some shredding on it, but he shifts gears.

Yeah, loved that one. Gets kind of Emerson-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Also, Marty lives in Denmark now.
    Yup. Unfortunate.

This is the direction they're going in.

There it is!

Bytor and the Snoop Dog?
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Bytor and the Snoop Dog?
    Ba ha haaaa!!!!!!.....

The eons are closing
    Bytor and the Snoop Dog?
    Top Notch!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Bytor and the Snoop Dog?
    Okay. Now I need this to happen.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Bytor and the Snoop Dog?
    Laid back! With my mind on my money and the River Styx on my mind

We ARE the PRIESTS
    (Yo Yo)
    of the TEMPLES
    (Yo Yo Yo)
    of SATIVAAAAAAAAA

A Passage To Compton. loud sucking noise......

New Album The Rush Chronic-les
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection