Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cast - Vigesimus (Their 20th Album!)

Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    Man, talk about picayune criticisms.
    The great thing about Sean is that he brought us the invaluable ProgQuébec. So his words matter and aren't picayune.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    The great thing about Sean is that he brought us the invaluable ProgQuébec. So his words matter and aren't picayune.
    The topic being discussed was the Cast album, Vigesimus, and previous releases by that band. My comments addressed scmfee's statements relative to Cast's lyrics and music in general. It has nothing to do with any other projects or activities that scmfee may have been involved in.

^ It had to do with accusations and allegations of overt bad sense of judgment and reasoning, although you didn't really specify. You simply saw it adequate to deem his input "bad".

You should have argued as to what's so "bad" about the points he made. And perhaps considered leaving out the rolling eyes.

But look; it's okay! We Feel as We Feel!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    I no longer have "A View of Cast"
    Are you saying you sold it without consulting me? You'd better have used it to woo the love of your life or something!
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I bought Vigesimus tonight from the band. Power and Order is excellent. I'm looking forward to the new one.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Did my tour through the recent discography (the Youtube channel is helpful for this) and I'd say the winner out of the last few releases is Arsis. The first 30 minute suite is entirely instrumental, and the closing epic is in Spanish. There's one ten minute track in the middle which is "Vigesimus-like" but that's easily edited out.

Art and Vida are the remake albums; in Vida's case all tracks but one are from the first few albums, while for Art there is a re-recording of "The Rescue" from Beyond Reality in all its 25 minute glory. The remakes are largely redundant but fine if you don't have the originals. Some more clunky lyrics on both of these in the new tracks but it's a minority.

Power and Outcome was in the same general vein as Vigesimus but I did like it better...

Jed, sorry I sold it without consulting you .
    Infinite Ceiling on www.ckcufm.com every Thursday night at 8:30 with me or Mark Keill, archived shows: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/112/...tml?filter=all
    Electronic Meditation on www.ckcufm.com archived shows: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/462/...tml?filter=all