Thread: Google Arts and Culture report on Electronic Music

Google Arts and Culture report on Electronic Music

Hey all,

This is extremely extensive and I'm pretty sure that many here will find something of interest:

https://artsandculture.google.com/pr...s-and-machines

Page bookmarked for repeated viewings!

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Very surprised to see that emeapp.org was not involved in this project. It seemed to skip the 70s artists.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What the hell IS this thing? Why would I give it access to stuff on my phone? I was expecting a regular document.

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    Very surprised to see that emeapp.org was not involved in this project. It seemed to skip the 70s artists.
    I was previously unaware of this page but, i'm not a musician either and this site seems much more focused on gear and musicians and not the "culture" aspect or the old school innovators surrounding electronic music.

And of course google being google (i.e. the evil walled garden empire) probably thinks their approach is THE ONLY approach when covering a vast subject like this and they don't need no stinkin badges (so to speak).

Thanks for hipping me to that page though, looks like another site to check out.

best
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What the hell IS this thing? Why would I give it access to stuff on my phone? I was expecting a regular document.
    wait..what?

I didnt have to give it access to anything

best
    Michael

Just checked again and EMEAPP is near the bottom of the credits.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    wait..what?

I didnt have to give it access to anything

best
    Michael
    I think this may have been related to a couple of Oppo remote control apps I had just downloaded. If no one else got this, then never mind (I deleted the apps!).

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Without even checking yet, would I be wrong to wonder if it might be more about OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ electronic than say, Berlin School?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Without even checking yet, would I be wrong to wonder if it might be more about OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ electronic than say, Berlin School?
    Yes, you would be absolutely wrong about that...it's actually more about ZKNITS XYOPE SLURPEE electronic than say, Berlin School...

but...

they also have a bunch of other stuff as it pertains to the entire field which is why...in my oh so benevolent selflessness and supreme desire to try and be relevant to this board and not to pursue my own devious, but quite misplaced agendas with my poorly disguised propaganda advancing that acousmatazz dreck... I posted that link.

...but you'll also find that OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ stuff there too.

best
    Michael