Thread: Dave Cousins of the Strawbs Discusses the making of the Settlement album

Dave Cousins of the Strawbs Discusses the making of the Settlement album

The Strawbs are still here 25 studio albums and 50+ years after they started and they're still making interesting music. I spoke with Dave Cousins about how the album came about and plenty of other topics. I found him to be a very engaging and thoroughly charming interview.

If you like to read stuff, here's the story.

If you like to watch stuff, here's the full interview:

Publisher of Michael's Record Collection e-newsletter. Sign up for free at: https://michaelsrecordcollection.substack.com/
    Stories, video, and podcasts at: www.michaelsrecordcollection.com

How was this album? I didn't hear much chatter on this.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Totally interested to watch this video. Strawbs are simply amazing.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    How was this album? I didn't hear much chatter on this.
    Worthy of your attention in my estimation! They still have the ability to reconnect me to my lifelong love of the band.

Great interview Michael, love David and the Strawbs.
    I watched part of the YT version, but decided to read the interview instead and found the link to be broken.

As a home hobbyist musician I found it very interesting how David proceeded to record and share the tracks that wound up on the album.
    Also how the tracks were broken down for each musician to know when to add their part.
    I haven't picked up this album yet, but this interview has peaked my interest again, so will check it out again.

I have the Ferryman's Curse and have to say, I think the addition of David Bainbridge has really rekindled the band's energy and his participation raises the music a couple of notches.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Great interview Michael, love David and the Strawbs.
    I watched part of the YT version, but decided to read the interview instead and found the link to be broken.

As a home hobbyist musician I found it very interesting how David proceeded to record and share the tracks that wound up on the album.
    Also how the tracks were broken down for each musician to know when to add their part.
    I haven't picked up this album yet, but this interview has peaked my interest again, so will check it out again.

I have the Ferryman's Curse and have to say, I think the addition of David Bainbridge has really rekindled the band's energy and his participation raises the music a couple of notches.
    It's cool when during their live show Dave gets to strap on his electric guitar and wail, I'm certain most of the crowd is like "oh, cool, the keys player dabbles in guitar too", little do they know, right?