Thread: Renaissance: 50th Anniversary Ashes Are Burning– Live In Concert, 2CD, DVD & Blu Ray

Renaissance: 50th Anniversary Ashes Are Burning– Live In Concert, 2CD, DVD & Blu Ray

Released April 30, 2021.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...u-ray-box-set/

• A DELUXE 4 DISC CLAMSHELL BOXED SET OF THE WONDERFUL 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT BY RENAISSANCE STAGED AT THE KESWICK THEATER IN GLENSIDE USA ON 12TH OCTOBER 2019
    • FEATURING 2CDS, A DVD AND HIGH-RESOLUTION MULTI REGION BLU RAY CONCERT FILM
    • WITH SPECIAL GUEST JIM MCCARTY

Esoteric Antenna is pleased to announce the release of 50th Anniversary – Ashes Are Burning – An Anthology Live in Concert, the wonderful new 4 disc CD, DVD and Blu ray set by RENAISSANCE.

To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the formation of RENAISSANCE, vocalist ANNIE HASLAM and band performed a series of concerts with an orchestra in the USA in October 2019 featuring a set list which included songs which had never been orchestrated or performed with an orchestra before. The most memorable concert took place at the Keswick Theater in Glenside, PA on 12th October 2019.

This sold-out concert saw the band perform a set which included such classics as CARPET OF THE SUN, OCEAN GYPSY, RUNNING HARD, DAY OF THE DREAMER and A SONG FOR ALL SEASONS and also saw a special guest appearance by Renaissance founder JIM McCARTY who performed on the song ISLAND and the epic closing piece ASHES ARE BURNING. It was a truly magical evening.

This 4-disc set captures this concert over 2 CDs and a concert film on both DVD and High-Definition Blu ray multi region formats (featuring a stunning 5.1 Surround Sound mix). 50th Anniversary – Ashes Are Burning – An Anthology Live in Concert is a perfect celebration of a legendary and treasured body of music.

NB. THIS RELEASE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE USA, CANADA & SOUTH AMERICA

Track Listing:

DISC ONE: CD
    1. CARPET OF THE SUN
    2. OCEAN GYPSY
    3. RUNNING HARD
    4. MIDAS MAN
    5. SYMPHONY OF LIGHT
    6. ISLAND – with Jim McCarty

DISC TWO: CD
    1. OPENING OUT
    2. DAY OF THE DREAMER
    3. MYSTIC AND THE MUSE
    4. A SONG FOR ALL SEASONS
    5. ASHES ARE BURNING – with Jim McCarty

DISC THREE: DVD
    1. CARPET OF THE SUN
    2. OCEAN GYPSY
    3. RUNNING HARD
    4. MIDAS MAN
    5. SYMPHONY OF LIGHT
    7. OPENING OUT
    8. DAY OF THE DREAMER
    9. MYSTIC AND THE MUSE
    10. A SONG FOR ALL SEASONS
    11. ASHES ARE BURNING – with Jim McCarty

DISC FOUR: BLU RAY
    1. CARPET OF THE SUN
    2. OCEAN GYPSY
    3. RUNNING HARD
    4. MIDAS MAN
    5. SYMPHONY OF LIGHT
    7. OPENING OUT
    8. DAY OF THE DREAMER
    9. MYSTIC AND THE MUSE
    10. A SONG FOR ALL SEASONS
    11. ASHES ARE BURNING – with Jim McCarty

Ember
    This is the project that was funded on Indiegogo starting back in August 2019, with a projected release of June 2020. That’s probably why it’s not for sale at retail in the US, Canada, etc.? I just got a download link for the audio, but haven’t listened to it yet.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    This is the project that was funded on Indiegogo starting back in August 2019, with a projected release of June 2020. That’s probably why it’s not for sale at retail in the US, Canada, etc.? I just got a download link for the audio, but haven’t listened to it yet.
    It shipped recently to Indiegogo supporters. Should have mine by Saturday.

It shipped recently to Indiegogo supporters. Should have mine by Saturday.

Ember
    Mine shipped too. I listened to the audio, or started to anyway. It was difficult. Hoping the state of her voice will be better supported/masked by the presence of visuals.

Mine shipped too. I listened to the audio, or started to anyway. It was difficult. Hoping the state of her voice will be better supported/masked by the presence of visuals.
    Where did you listen to it? Do we get a download code?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Where did you listen to it? Do we get a download code?
    Oh, I see Download Codes were sent out in February, but it looks like I didn't receive one. rdclark, can you tell me what the email address is that the code came from, and what was the subject line of the email? Thanks.

Ember
    Subj: Your audio download of Renaissance 50th Anniversary concert film is here

From: Annie Haslam & Renaissance <indiegogo@m.renaissancetouring.com>

(btw, the actual download is handled through Bandcamp)

Jed...You can't fondle a download.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I wouldn't take those odds.

Would be more interesting without the Blu ray, which to me is completely useless.

Subj: Your audio download of Renaissance 50th Anniversary concert film is here

From: Annie Haslam & Renaissance <indiegogo@m.renaissancetouring.com>

(btw, the actual download is handled through Bandcamp)
    Thanks, looks like I never got the email for some reason. Doesn't really matter since the physical set is arriving today!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You've never heard of Air Fondling?

Ember
    Arrived today. Nice package, CDs, DVD, BD each in its own sleeve inside a CD-size cardboard box, with a booklet.

Sampled the Blu-ray. Not the train-wreck I was fearing. Some of the playing is a little tentative. Annie's voice is undeniably brittle with age. But in surround it all somehow sounds OK. The audio quality seems very good. I'll have time to watch it all later tonight, I hope.

Man, the Keswick is a dump. I've been there many times and it always looks bad, but with video lighting and high definition, it's downright embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I wouldn't take those odds.

You've never heard of Air Fondling?

Oh, I see what you mean. Dear me, she does not sound good...

I'll be posting my interview with Annie soon. We had an amazing chat that was made all the more exciting by my condo building deciding to briefly test their fire alarm system about 30 seconds after we started. In all my years of listening to Renaissance (since I was a teenager), I never thought I'd have a video of Annie Haslam looking around her room in a panic while I explained a fire alarm was coming from my home, not hers.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

would buy this release, but only want the bul ray.I never seem to bother with the cds if i get a package like this. Would even buy just the DVD if it was sold that way. So will hold off for now.

My interview with Annie is now up! Enjoy.

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/anni...rs-of-history/
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Really enjoyed the interview, it must have been fun to do. I am catching up on my Renaissance collection and have just bought the deluxe version of the Carnegie Hall concert. There is a lot of music out there.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I'll be posting my interview with Annie soon. We had an amazing chat that was made all the more exciting by my condo building deciding to briefly test their fire alarm system about 30 seconds after we started. In all my years of listening to Renaissance (since I was a teenager), I never thought I'd have a video of Annie Haslam looking around her room in a panic while I explained a fire alarm was coming from my home, not hers.
    Are you sure ashes weren't burning?

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Really enjoyed the interview, it must have been fun to do. I am catching up on my Renaissance collection and have just bought the deluxe version of the Carnegie Hall concert. There is a lot of music out there.
    That's a fantastic set, you are sure to enjoy it!

Are you sure ashes weren't burning?
    Don't tell Renaissance, but ashes don't burn. Whatever they used to be already burned.

That's a fantastic set, you are sure to enjoy it!

Don't tell Renaissance, but ashes don't burn. Whatever they used to be already burned.
    When ashes are burning, it's like "turning it up to eleven." There's none more black.

Received a Amazon gift card from the kids in Cali for Christmas..just ordered this, should be here next week.

My interview with Annie is now up! Enjoy.

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/anni...rs-of-history/
    Oh, and thanks Lorne for the great interview with Annie, just read it.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 01-07-2022 at 11:16 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457