Thread: DEEP CUT Thread

DEEP CUT Thread

Let's share some deep DEEP cuts in this thread.

I'll start with "El Regreso" by Nexus off of the 2005 Odyssey: The Greatest Tale compilation. Fantastic organ, amazing guitar playing, bass pedals galore, tons of Mellotron, and great vocals even though I can't understand a word of it because it's in Spanish.

The keyboard bit at 11:15 is especially tasty. Just listen to those 12-strings surrounding that lead line.

"A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    The percussion and drumming are amazing. Reminds me of a slowed down version of "I'm A Man". Killer artwork and a groovy wah-wah solo in the middle.

Kind of a mix between Greg Lake and lounge singer on the vocals. Super trippy - I need to listen to more Purple, I only know their more popular stuff.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    He was a one-hit wonder, but this song is creepy and haunting. (Tony Levin on bass.)

The vocal processing is definitely odd on that tune. Almost like a psychedelic Don McLean. I like the chord changes and the sax.

Here's some back of the rack power pop from a power pop master

Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    The percussion and drumming are amazing. Reminds me of a slowed down version of "I'm A Man". Killer artwork and a groovy wah-wah solo in the middle.

Kind of a mix between Greg Lake and lounge singer on the vocals. Super trippy - I need to listen to more Purple, I only know their more popular stuff.
    IMHO, this is their best album, That's my favorite song of theirs and the album is a desert island disc of mine.

I was actually going to point out the drumming, which stays the same throughout the track,
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

I'll start with "El Regreso" by Nexus off of the 2005 Odyssey: The Greatest Tale compilation. Fantastic organ, amazing guitar playing, bass pedals galore, tons of Mellotron, and great vocals even though I can't understand a word of it because it's in Spanish.

The keyboard bit at 11:15 is especially tasty. Just listen to those 12-strings surrounding that lead line.
    That Odyssey: The Greatest Tale compilation is such a great triple cd! CD 3 is spectacular with the Tempano, Minimum Vital and Aether songs. The opening Nathan Mahl song on disc 1 is another great one.

Lift don’t get the amount of press as their DDR cousins Stern-Combo Meissen, but maybe they ought to start:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Greatest tune ever? Let's go with it.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

^^^
    This does cut deep and will definitely get you dancing around the breakfast table. Haven't heard this since I got rid of my vinyl copy of "Strange New Flesh".

Good one.