Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit in DC

Banned

Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit in DC

We saw this at The Dali Museum in Florida a few weeks ago. It was very cool, and worth checking out.

They're doing this in Philly, too. Hoping to get tickets.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

With many fewer tourists around, there may be a chance to see it in DC.
    Most of the ticketed shows are impossible to get into without a lot of patience, or shenanigans, and the free time to take what you might be able to get.
    Very cool looking.
    I might wear some VR goggles to take in that show. Would not be much different.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

The Philly one is not the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    How so?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    Explain. Because it's also coming to Pittsburgh.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I just checked ticket prices. No thanks. I'm not going to spend more that $200 for a four of us.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I just checked ticket prices. No thanks. I'm not going to spend more that $200 for a four of us.
    When we saw it in Florida it was just part of the regular admission to the Dali museum. No extra charge.

Aren't the original paintings enough?

It looks cool, but I feel it is more a kind of gimmick. Wonder what Vincent van Gogh would think of it? Would he be turning in his grave?

I just don't have an ear for it.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Aren't the original paintings enough?

It looks cool, but I feel it is more a kind of gimmick. Wonder what Vincent van Gogh would think of it? Would he be turning in his grave?
    It is a gimmick and are not original paintings if that is what people think it is. Still, I found it to be a cool exhibition of his life and works. Nothing I would go way out of the way to see, but since we were at the museum anyway, i thought it was a cool exhibit.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It is a gimmick and are not original paintings if that is what people think it is. Still, I found it to be a cool exhibition of his life and works. Nothing I would go way out of the way to see, but since we were at the museum anyway, i thought it was a cool exhibit.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't want to experience it, but it still gives me a weird feeling. Perhaps a bit the same way people reacted on rocking the classics.

If anyone in the US wants to see an unbelievable art museum, I highly recommend the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC. It is beyond mind-blowing and it's free. I've never seen anything like it. My wife was brought to tears.

And, BTW, the US citizens own the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I'm not saying I wouldn't want to experience it, but it still gives me a weird feeling. Perhaps a bit the same way people reacted on rocking the classics.
    We just stumbled upon it by accident. I enjoyed it for what it was, but would not gone out of my way to see it.

We saw it yesterday here in Charlotte. I thought it was cool. Was it a gimmick? Sure.

It's not the same as going to a museum, but it's not trying to replace (or replicate) that experience.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

It’s coming to London too and I’m tempted. I’ve been lucky enough to see many of his famous works up close, but this looks to be fun way to experience his visions.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    We saw it yesterday here in Charlotte. I thought it was cool. Was it a gimmick? Sure.

It's not the same as going to a museum, but it's not trying to replace (or replicate) that experience.
    Was it worth $250 for a family of four?

55 bucks for tickets?! Really?!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    55 bucks for tickets?! Really?!
    Pittsburgh prices are $55-75.

No thanks.

In San Francisco it's $39.99 "off peak" and $49.99 "peak," plus fees. Of course there are "fees."
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I mean, no. But we don’t have kids. A whole bunch of shit is worth a hundred bucks when you don’t have kids.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Weird.....when we saw it in Florida it was included in the regular Dali Museum entrance fee. Personally, I would not have paid extra for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Weird.....when we saw it in Florida it was included in the regular Dali Museum entrance fee. Personally, I would not have paid extra for it.
    Dali Museum kicks ass

Ottawa prices are $52.50 for "timed entry" or $63 for flexible/untimed admission. There is also a VIP ticket for $105, which comes with a Van Gogh face mask and some other unspecified swag.