Thread: Shriekback Album #16 Fundraiser

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Shriekback Album #16 Fundraiser

Attn: Shriekback fans: Shriekback has launched a fundraiser to finance their upcoming 16th album. For those interested, they're planning a vinyl release limited to 100 copies! (This isn't through Kickstarter or similar, they're doing it themselves; they've done others previously and it's gone very smoothly.)

Rewards and other info posted here (it runs through mid-March):

https://shriekback.com/crowdfunding

These guys will never live down that cover (and its accompanying video) of "Get Down Tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    These guys will never live down that cover (and its accompanying video) of "Get Down Tonight."
    Yeah, that was a weird choice (I did tend to skip it), but their recent albums have been better and more serious. But they've always had a playful side.

Great band! I'm very happy that Carl Marsh is back with them. I was going to help them out, but after all add on fees with Paypal and such it is $40 for a CD and download.
    Last edited by the winter tree; 03-03-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    Great band! I'm very happy that Carl Marsh is back with them. I was going to help them out, but after all add on fees with Paypal and such it is $40 for a CD and download.
    I have to agree, the shipping pretty high on that! Also, the US dollar is pretty low now! Or the British pound is high. Still, I went for the 3CD Live NYC set. I asked them for the setlists for these and they kindly supplied them, so if anyone is interested I'll post them here.

I haven't heard their last album. I bought the one before it with Metropolis and enjoy it very much. Martyn Barker drummed on one of my songs last year. He is a cool guy.

New video from the new Shriekback album, 1000 Books: