Thread: The History of Yes Pt. 3- Solo Albums and Offshoots w/Henry Potts & Aymeric Leroy

The History of Yes Pt. 3- Solo Albums and Offshoots w/Henry Potts & Aymeric Leroy

Had another chat with Henry and Aymeric today...

Here's Episode #70 **If you missed our new look at the various solo albums by Yes men, past and present, and various offshoot groups like UK, Bruford, Badger, Flash, Circa, Arc Of Life and more, check out this new episode in our four part series about The History of Yes. I am once again joined by my friends, Yes historians Henry Potts and Aymeric Leroy. Part four (a look at live albums) was done today too. I will share that one later next week, once the dust from this one settles. What are YOUR favorite Yes solo albums?

Last edited by Sean; 03-01-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Thanks Sean! I greatly look forward to watching this one (and the 4th).
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Listened to History of Yes III last night and I enjoyed it. The highlight for me was the discussion of Yessongs (since it was my big introduction to Yes back in the '70s). Keep up the fine work Sean!

Quote Originally Posted by starless and bible black View Post
    The highlight for me was the discussion of Yessongs (since it was my big introduction to Yes back in the '70s).
    Especially when Henry said he preferred the studio version of "Yours Is No Disgrace"!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I enjoyed listening.

By contrast with the views of the "team", I grew up with the BBC recording of the 1978 Wembley Arena show (Anyone from outside of London? Welcome to London...oooohhh), & could never adjust to the cut from Time & a Word to Going for the One, which always sounded like nails on glass to me!

Like Aymeric, I also "grew up" with the Yessongs lp(s) - I'd never been to a proper live gig when I first got it, so this was always how I imagined a live concert "should" sound. The whole build up through the Firebird is magic! I really like, & appreciate, Progeny - but when I want to settle in, & imagine I'm at the show - it's Yessongs every time.

And side 1 of the first disc - has there ever been better?!