Thread: Omnipotent Youth Society - New album: Inside The Cable Temple

Omnipotent Youth Society - New album: Inside The Cable Temple

Years ago, as a result of a thread here on Progressive Ears, I bought the first (and until recently, only) album by the Chinese prog/alternate group, Omnipotent Youth Society, released in 2010. There were several live shows available on YouTube and I really got into these guys for a while. I'd pretty much forgotten about them, but I came across this new album a few days ago. I really like this new effort, particularly track 7 (around 25 minutes in). I'm trying to figure out if I can legitimately buy this as a physical product or as a FLAC download.

I just found this Chinese-language documentary from last May. They play some songs from the new album, as well as some from their first album ("Kill The One From Shijiazhuang" is my favorite!). The band seems to consist of mostly the same members as from the 2010 album. The drummer is definitely a different person.

Edit: I can't get enough of their live-in-studio performance of the 7th track from their new album, beginning at 57:30 on the video documentary. And following that, at 1:07:30, is the closing track from their first album, "Kill The One From Shijiazhuang". The studio performances in this video are incredibly impressive.
    Last edited by jefftiger; 5 Days Ago at 11:46 PM.

It was me who started that thread, lovely album, really good, still playing it.

Thanks a lot! I have been waiting and checking for a new album for years now, finally here.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Thanks for posting. Will check it out!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.