Thread: Steve Hackett--Selling England & Spectral Mornings Live, Finally Hi Res in US

Steve Hackett--Selling England & Spectral Mornings Live, Finally Hi Res in US

If you live in the US, you might have noticed that Steve Hackett's Selling England by the Pound & Spectral Mornings Live was not available in hi res download or streaming, only CD quality. But it was available in hi res in Europe. Hey, that's not fair!

So I emailed Inside Out Music, who forwarded my concern to the label manager at Century Media. He replied, "It's being sorted." Sure enough, a hi res version just appeared in Qobuz US. As I promised him, I am letting my fellow American prog heads know.

I also flagged that The Flower Kings Islands has the same issue. Hopefully a hi res version of that one will soon show up in the US.

When HDTracks, another download distributor for InsideOut transferred ownership from a US to an overseas company, many titles haven't been available in the US. Including American bands, and classical labels like SFS (San Francisco Symphony) Media. Titles I purchased years ago from HDTracks were no longer available in the US. The current reversal is likely due the change of administrations. Tech store chain Fry's Electronics has had a dwindling inventory in their stores for the past couple of years. Stores have become more and more empty, with fewer and fewer employees. They told local media it was due to an inability to get product from China. Within the past month with the new administration, their inventory is increasing, and more employees are on the job. BTW: anyone who watched Mr Robot has seen the Phoenix Fry's Electronics location. It was used as a backdrop.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    When HDTracks, another download distributor for InsideOut transferred ownership from a US to an overseas company, many titles haven't been available in the US.
    I was wondering what happened to HDtracks. They introduced a new website about a year ago. They described it as easier to use, but failed to mention that they drastically cut the number of titles available.

Steve Hackett interview.